Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2011 5:59:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 6:11:21 AM EDT
Damn, that''s like a 125 cal! Highly effective! (slow to reload)
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 6:15:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 6:21:37 AM EDT
Wow, that must be one of those fancy .357 photoshop magnums.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 6:31:07 AM EDT
I find that one hard to belive.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 6:43:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 7:18:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:09:59 AM EDT
Poor technique.. Her grip wasn't firm enough. You can see her support hand slipped off rather than properly controlling recoil. Like most issues posted about on the internet, it was the Indian, not the arrow. Shooter error plain and simple. Proper grip and recoil management and this never would have happened..

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:20:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/8/2011 9:23:28 AM EDT by LaRue556]
Waiting for someone to say "Taurus."

Waiting to find out what it is...Taurus or Ruger or S&W or whatever.

Oh...reminds me of this....

"...It falls off....it falls the **** off."
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:44:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:31:57 AM EDT
I watched the same happen to my son's Rossi snubnose.

a-bare
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 10:42:39 AM EDT
I kind of believe it as the shell ejector rod is still sticking out in front of the gun.

We had a 3.5" 460 S&W barrel come loose on us on a Performance Center 460 once. That was an "interesting" discovery
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:07:40 PM EDT
Glad to see that she isn't wearing any eye protection. That would have obstructed her view.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:09:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
Glad to see that she isn't wearing any eye protection. That would have obstructed her view.

Yeah, who would want to miss a sight like THAT!
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:25:24 PM EDT
looks real to me, and funny!
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:38:19 PM EDT
Bad recoil spring.
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:56:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/8/2011 3:39:21 PM EDT by Nakanokalronin]
Originally Posted By Max_Rodriguez:
it's a taurus

Big shock. Think this is the 5th documented case I've seen online of barrels flying off of Taurus revolvers. I can only imagine how many undocumented cases there are. There is one or two on Youtube and a few online. Why do people keep buying them?!

Every Taurus revolver NIB or used that I've handled has severe timing issues. They're junk plain and simple. Of course there will be the Taurus fanatics that are so hell bent on defending their cheap guns that double charges and reloads will be the excuses. A quick Google search shows its more common than most think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmEBj5yHJMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vftq9hNpvBc
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 3:23:41 PM EDT
Gun that shoots barrels...
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 4:13:26 PM EDT
Century Arms told me its supposed to do that. Its how it was designed.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 5:21:52 PM EDT
it's one of those 14k grain bullets.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 6:41:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SecurityForcesmember:
Century Arms told me its supposed to do that. Its how it was designed.

Yup, quick change barrel feature.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 6:48:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By killingmachine123:

Protective contacts maybe?
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 7:05:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Maynard:
Front fell off.

I was wondering what happened...thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 7:11:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Noarguy:

Makes about as much sense as "The Judge" . . .

Link Posted: 11/9/2011 8:00:11 PM EDT
At least the bullet made it downrange ...
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 3:17:40 AM EDT
What would cause this? Out of time so bad it hits the side of the breech or something? People wonder why I tell them to stay away from Taurus....

I've only seen two Taurus pistols that seems to feel and run flawlessly and they were both pt99s. My mother bought my dad one in 1988 and it has been a tank and my buddies has a newer one. All the other semi autos my friends have bought were junk and one guy I know sent his revolver in because it is locking up after XX number of rounds.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 5:35:19 AM EDT
Yep, timing would be off, bullet strikes side of barrel, pin job not done well enough to put up with that kind of force.

Things like this scare me enough to only own S&W and Ruger revolvers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 9:00:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/11/2011 9:08:59 AM EDT by GaryM]
FYI, some of the original Ruger Redhawks had a problem with the barrels flying off. You never hear complaints about their strength now days do you?

Fun fact II, that is why the Super Redhawk exists. They reinforced the barrel mounting to fix the problem. Of course it was later found improper assembly was the culprit and the problem went away.

ETA; Upon further research it looks like some of the early S&W X-frame revolvers also suffered from auto-ejecting barrels.
Interdasting to say the least.
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 11:51:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TerryC:

It's Taurus' new pistol, "The Gavel."
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 7:52:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jmreagan:
Originally Posted By TerryC:

It's Taurus' new pistol, "The Gavel."

Throw the book barrel at him.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 3:18:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/13/2011 3:19:44 AM EDT by Nakanokalronin]
Originally Posted By GaryM:
FYI, some of the original Ruger Redhawks had a problem with the barrels flying off. You never hear complaints about their strength now days do you?

Fun fact II, that is why the Super Redhawk exists. They reinforced the barrel mounting to fix the problem. Of course it was later found improper assembly was the culprit and the problem went away.

ETA; Upon further research it looks like some of the early S&W X-frame revolvers also suffered from auto-ejecting barrels.
Interdasting to say the least.

Your talking of first runs of both S&W and Ruger models that where fixed and improved by the manufacture. This is happening with old and new models from Taurus. The Redhawks and X-Frames come in very large powerful calibers, while the auto ejecting barrels from Taurus are happening with .357 magnums and Judges. The Super Redhawks also come in .454 Casull where the still produced Redhawk only comes in 45 Colt and 44 magnum. If I was going to put a ton of hot .44magnum reloads or shoot a .454 Casull through a Ruger, I'd take the Super Redhawk which is why I believe it was introduced. Since I shoot factory standard & +P 45 Colt, I'm good with my regular Redhawk. Not defending any brand here but the situation is different between the 3 brands and why it's happening. Taurus is either using threads to small/thin and/or the timing is so far off that its shaving off a good chunk of the round really early on.

I'll state again that every Ruger or S&W that I've handled with thousands of rounds through them still have a lock-up ten times tighter with perfect consistency over the slop on any NIB Taurus I've handled.

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 7:54:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Nakanokalronin:
Why do people keep buying them?!

Because they spend a fortune on advertising and are cheap.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 7:42:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LaRue556:

That's what I came to post.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 4:17:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 3rdpig:

Why are most Taurus products pieces of shit? They could be better if Taurus wanted them to be. The only Taurus that's worth a damn is their version of the Beretta 92. I don't know how they got that one right but F-ed up everything else.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:12:37 AM EDT

Why are most Taurus products pieces of shit? They could be better if Taurus wanted them to be. The only Taurus that's worth a damn is their version of the Beretta 92. I don't know how they got that one right but F-ed up everything else.

It is all quality control. The more attention you pay a item the more it costs.

There is no free lunch. They could build a gun that cost every bit as much as a smith or ruger and nobody would buy them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:12:31 AM EDT
No smoke, no 'muzzle' flash, no eyeprotection and photo'd at the exact instant of the barrel launching....

That's evidence, right there! :)

Larry
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:01:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2011 12:02:36 PM EDT by jmreagan]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

It is all quality control. The more attention you pay a item the more it costs.

There is no free lunch. They could build a gun that cost every bit as much as a smith or ruger and nobody would buy them.

Your right, its all outlined in their business model which is to produce and sell as many pistols as the uneducated gun buyer will consume while maximizing profits at the cost of quality. Since you mentioned Ruger......Ruger has impressed me lately with their new version of a 1911. From all that I've read I cannot recall anything bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 12:53:47 PM EDT
Looks to me like it is a revolver. My guess is one of the shrouded barrells so it could be a Dan Wesson,S&W or other.
Needless to say somebody had some spare parts on hand when the put it together (wrong) but gave it to the girlfriend to test.

Whenever a gun is messed up ALWAYS give it to somebody to test fire first!
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:08:47 PM EDT

The PT92 is a licensed copy made in a factory built by Beretta. I guess they just need someone to hold their hand.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:11:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aptrgangr:

The PT92 is a licensed copy made in a factory built by Beretta. I guess they just need someone to hold their hand.

I remember hearing that but wasn't for sure the Taurus clone of the 92 was made in a Beretta factory. Thanks for clearing that up. And no doubt Taurus simply followed Beretta's QA/QC standards. Hell, that factory might have even had old Beretta employees running it. It had to be like that or Taurus would have certainly screwed it up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:50:00 AM EDT
Our gunsmiths tell me that Taurus deserves their bad quality/workmanship rap.
Top Top