Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2002 5:27:12 AM EDT
Lately I've noticed a trend in just about every newsgroup I belong to. More and more people are rediscovering the sheer joy of some of the old firearms. People who grew up in a world dominated by semi-automatics are now shooting a revolver for the first time. Many of them have been carried kicking and screaming to the line I must admit, but almost all are coming away saying, "Where have these been?"

The fastest growing shooting sport in the country is Cowboy Action Shooting. The fastest growing segment in rifles today is...Lever actions. In shotguns, side by sides.

So what's happening? Is the great love affair with high cap mags, bastard cartridges and the latest tupperware coming to an end? Will the cutting edge handguns be names like, 'New Service, Bisley, Blackhawk and Combat Masterpiece'?

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I like to keep in touch with where I started...old SA revolvers, bolt rifles, even single shots in handgun and rifles. Nice pace, no stress...back to basics. Not that I would get rid of any of my "gee whiz" target guns or "multi-squirters".
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The "hollywood effect" is wearing off......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top