Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/30/2005 12:04:03 AM EDT
I own two Glocks.....a G23 and G27 and they both have fixed sights. Does this mean that i cant buy any night sites at all and install them or what? I found a company that sells glow in the dark crap and on there page they make these small nail polish sized bottles of glow in the dark paint to paint the sights on your gun with. Do you think this would work if i couldnt get the sites? Now i know the quality of these products that this company sells and its damn good. I have personally seen the glow of these paints that they make and i have to say there bright as hell so i might buy some of it but i first wanted to get other opinions. Thanxs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:22:28 AM EDT
any glock armorer can add nightsights for around 100 dollars or less. You can call glock and ask them what they would charge as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:13:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 1:15:00 AM EDT by cheaptrick]
I use and would recommend Meprolights.


I would stay with the fix sights as well.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:52:09 AM EDT
Why are you under the impression that you can't get NS for your Glocks?

If nothing else call Glock, package up your slides and send them to GA for factory installed NS. But any local dealer should be able to install a set of Mepro or Trijicons for you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:22:29 AM EDT
Buy real night sights. Trijicons, Heinies, Meprolights etc. Not paint to put on your pistol. If the paint was so good, law enforcement and the US Military would use it. They don't.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:55:11 AM EDT
"FIXED" sights, means that they are not adjustable without a sight pusher tool or a punch. They are indeed replaceable. There are many many night sights options available for your glocks.

My preference has always been Meprolights, but I recently got a set of AmeriGlo Operators and I am very impressed!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:47:01 AM EDT
they are replaceable
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:04:34 AM EDT
Sure you can replace the sights. You just have to have a lot of skill or a decent pusher to install the new sights. The old ones should come out pretty easy. Put your slide in the freezer for about an hour and then knock your old ones out of their slots with a drift punch. Check with a Glock armorer to see which way they have to be drifted out. MJD
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:09:09 AM EDT
Try some of these. They are awsome. Much brighter then other I have used.
truglo T.F.O tritium fiber optic sights.
80 buck delivered from Mike on this board.
Top Top