Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2008 4:20:04 PM EDT
Now the questions:

I'm interested in using the mag extensions to gain some length in the grip area.  Anyone have any experiences with these?  I'd like to hear if they cause any function /feed problems.

Will my holster for my G23 work with the 36?  

I think that's it for now.  At least until I get my hands on it and fire a few hundy through it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt the G23 holster will work since the 36 is a sub-compact compared to the 23 being just a compact. IMHO, I would want a holster dedicated to the specific firearm I am carrying. YMMV

I doubt you will have feed issues with the longer mags...its a Glock
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you buying new or used ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok you are correct about getting the specific holster. Thought I read somewhere the 19/23 holster worked with the 36 too.

Buying new Why?

R
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a G36 in EE with four five mags two have extensions.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=586491
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Now the questions:

I'm interested in using the mag extensions to gain some length in the grip area.  Anyone have any experiences with these?  I'd like to hear if they cause any function /feed problems.

Will my holster for my G23 work with the 36?  

I think that's it for now.  At least until I get my hands on it and fire a few hundy through it.

The mag extensions that are strictly to give you a better grip with your pinky are good to go.  Don't get any PLUS extensions that will increase capacity as they will cause feeding problems.  I went through this problem myself when I first got my G36.  The Pierce one actually has the same stippling pattern as the grip of the Glock so it not only works, but looks right.

As for holsters, it really depends on the holster.  The G23 and the G36 are close enough in dimensions that many 'soft' holsters (ie. leather, not kydex) will work just fine.  Since you already have the holster, just try it first and you'll know for sure.  I know that my G36 fit's even into my CompTac (kydex) holster fine but it's just as not as perfect fit as it is with my G17 or G19.  It is ever so slightly loose, but it does the job and holds the G36 securely.  That being said, I have a Milt Sparks VM2 on order just for my G36 b/c I wanted a holster for it with a perfect fit for daily CCW.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 4:11:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Use the Pierce grip extension they are the best. The G36 has the same slide demension as the G19/G23 and the same holster shound work. I have carried a G36 for several years and love it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all for the help.  Can't wait to get my hands on the 36.  Two glocks under the roof now.  A G23 being my first one.  Pretty sure I want to get a 19 pretty soon also.  I'm hoping it will be friendlier to shoot for my wife and daughter.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I got the 36 today.  No chance to shoot it until this weekend.  

A few things I noticed....

I think this gun is going to have to be stippled.  I'm leaning towards having it done but will want it back ASAP.  Anyone have any suggestions for the job?

Man dropping the mag is harder than on my G23.  My hand has to be placed perfect for the mag to drop.  That and the release seems really stiff.  I don't remember the one on my G23 being that tough to push down when it was new.  I hope that breaks in.

The other thing that has me wondering is the end of the guide rod seems to be sticking out unusally.  Here's a crappy pic.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine looks the same way.  I wouldn't worry about it.

As for your mags dropping, I can't get my mags to drop free unless I hold the gun from the top and hit the release with my other hand.  If I hit the release with a shooting grip, they release, but I have to pull em out.  And yes the release is quite a bit stiffer than my 23 also.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes with the mag extension the heal of the hand is actually touching the mag causing it not to drop free.  Any glock mag comes out better with the slide locked back.  I have used the Glock 36 in a Fobus holster and it is good enough for range use.  For concealment I could use my Glock 36 in a Galco deep cover inside the waistband holster for a Glock 27.  Only other issue using mag extensions is when inserting the mag into the mag well you learn to move your fingers out of the way so they don't get pinched between the frame and mag extension.  Ouch!  And it only takes a couple times to really get your attention when slamming mag home on a speed reload.  Other big problem is my Daughter thought she needed my Glock 36 more than I did as that is what she wanted for her 21st birthday.    
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Was at the range with it today and just couldn't get em to drop free on their own, slide back or not.  They are all stock mags, no extensions.  That is really my only complaint about the gun.  Every other pistol I own pretty much kicks the mags out when you hit the release.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top