Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2016 12:14:36 PM EDT

I never even thought about owning one until I got offered what looks like a new, never been fired, in the box, IMI manufactured mark VII in .50AE for $1,000 out-the-door with two mags and some SAMSON ammunition.

What do I need to know?

One of the mags has a follower that seems to stick in the mag body. The other one moves smoothly up and down. Seems like the follower is rubbing on the inside of the mag. Maybe wet-sand the edges of the follower with a little 1200 grit paper?

A big-ass gun made by bad-ass Hebrews What's not to like????

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good deal if you ask me!

Things to know.  Don't sissy grip it and let it roll up on ya.  It likes HOT ammo.  Also don't teacup grip it and push the mag up.  

Prepare for lots of attention when you shoot it!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding deal!   Are the mags factory?  You really only want to use factory mags. Also if it's never been shot expect a few quirks until there's some wear on it.  And as stated make sure you death grip it. If you limp it it's a jam-o-matic.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#3]
All factory mags.

10-4 on the "death grip" hold.

Any factory loaded ammunition recommendations?

I took the "sticky" mag apart and sanded off some of the mold flashing around the follower. It moves freely up and down now. The mag body looks like it was inserted and removed from the gun 100 times but not a bit of carbon anywhere inside or outside the magazine. The other mag has absolutely no insertion marks. There are 7 rounds missing from one of the boxes of ammo but I have a hard time believing this gun has ever been fired. I gave it a good cleaning and got a lot of dried oil and lint out of it but no one speck of anything that looks like carbon residue or fouling.

I can't wait to take it to the range
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Mu mu mu multikill!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top