Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 5:07:31 PM EDT
Recently I acquired a Smith and Wesson Model 19 round but with Pachmeyer grips, but the odd thing is that this Smith and Wesson has a Colt Python barrel?? I was advised that these were made forcompetition shooters and that these were made in the early 80's. I was wondering if anybody had any information on these rare revolvers, i.e. value, how many were made, were they made by the manufacturer or was it pieced together by an individual? Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
A not uncommon modification.  First I heard of it was late sixties, early seventies.  Most definitely not a factory rig.  Some done by smiths, some by shade tree mechanics.  The Python barrel was screwed in without much modification required.

Value?  Strictly as a shooter in my book.  Its an interesting sidelight but not really all that special.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
How about posting a pic of it?
TKS
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Has this Revolver been converted to fire Single Action only?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top