Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/19/2002 11:07:39 AM EDT
Talked to Smith & Wesson today on anouther matter and asked about the new SW99/45. Smith said that the new .45 SW99 will be shipping to the dealers in the next 2 weeks. It's said to be a 9+1 with a slightly longer grip and slide and will ship with only 2 grip inserts.

For those of you that have been waiting for the Smith & walther in .45ACP, your wait is about over!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 11:08:56 AM EDT
If it works, I just might have to get one!
Link Posted: 11/19/2002 11:37:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2002 12:02:20 PM EDT by longshot_va]
Dammit 'Fear,

Ya beat me by 26 seconds!!!!

Just received my American Rifleman and noticed on the back cover S&W's ad showing that they will be producing a SW99 in .45ACP.

Thoughts? Is the SW99 a decent design compared to Glock, HK, Kahr?

My fiancé's father, an 'ol Army instructor, expressed concerns that the .45 is too powerful to expect extended service from a polymer framed handgun.

BS? Any opinions?

--LS
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 2:43:41 AM EDT
Smith and Wesson is also gearing up to produce a full size stainless 1911 in the upcoming year! From what I read about it in the latest American Rifleman, it sounds as if it will be a pretty nice pistol right outta the box. It sounds as if Smith and Wesson are once again getting their act together and back on track.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 5:41:47 AM EDT
Glock .45s have been around for years with few complaints. Well.. besides a few kabooms from reloads people have shot through the things.

Originally Posted By longshot_va:
Dammit 'Fear,

Ya beat me by 26 seconds!!!!

Just received my American Rifleman and noticed on the back cover S&W's ad showing that they will be producing a SW99 in .45ACP.

Thoughts? Is the SW99 a decent design compared to Glock, HK, Kahr?

My fiancé's father, an 'ol Army instructor, expressed concerns that the .45 is too powerful to expect extended service from a polymer framed handgun.

BS? Any opinions?

--LS

Top Top