Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 7:40:32 AM EDT
I love my 92 but the grips are a little large for my hans. Does anybody manufacture slimmer grips for the 92?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have small hands also. My 92fs has the hogue wrap around grips with the finger grooves. They aren't any narrower, but for some reason they make the grip extremely comfortable in my hand.

If all else fails, look at Vertec. Now those grips are really comfortable!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a problem with the grip size, but I also love the hogue finger groove grip.  It really looks factory.  If only they made one with the little Beretta logo there..
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second the Hogue grips with finger grooves...they ARE smaller/thinner than the standard Pachmayers that come on it.  The biggest difference is that my Hogues do not cover the back of the grip--you're touching the metal frame.  This alone has a dramatic effect on the distance to the trigger.

I have medium-sized hands and prefer this thinner grip.

May also want to look at what type of wood grips are put on the Taurus 92 guns...they also seem to be a bit thinner.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I love my 92 but the grips are a little large for my hans. Does anybody manufacture slimmer grips for the 92?

I use a Beretta 92 Elite and had gunsmith Teddy Jacobsen of Actions by T 'cut' my stock plastic grips to 1/2 thickness he charges $40 (he can only do them by hand or they would melt, he cuts the grip screws also, the texture of the completed grips is sort of like sanded plastic but looks and feels good.  I also added a LTT 'short' trigger to reduce the length to the trigger which also has a trigger stop in it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
These are the ticket for slimmer Beretta grips... my hands are not that large and these have made a world of difference...

www.ajaxgrips.com/vn/farrar/08?token=y6qKMXNiINuWanBSsgF6eQ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top