Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 8:52:26 PM EDT
The last time I went shooting I spent all of my time with my GLOCK 19, and was trying to focus on my grip on the pistol, and the magazine release started to really dig into my middle finger after about 200 rounds. I am obviously left handed. Is there any way to adjust for this? Should I just take some sand paper and round it off? What have you guys done, if any of you have been in this situation?

I guess I never noticed this because I usually shoot significantly less rounds through it at a time (~60). I could just ignore it, and practice with other pistols as well, so it isn't a big deal if I would be best served by leaving it alone.

Thanks for any help,
Joe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I grip my 19 with the pads between my first and second knuckle. I have never had a problem with it and I am left handed.  There is a company that makes a rounded mag release.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#2]
just knock down the edges a bit with a piece of sandpaper or a light file.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll take it. I could always use a fourth G19.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright, I'll file it down a bit, as I was intending on doing that anyway. Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/d8006/stipplemacro1.jpg

I the grip reshape and texture, where did you get it done and how much $ if you don't mind?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
just knock down the edges a bit with a piece of sandpaper or a light file.

+2

Real easy to do.  Did mine with the file from a swiss army knife in about 30 seconds.  Then did a few other guys'.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I sanded the edges of a few of mine and they feel much better.  Use fine paper and gently drag the edge across it as you rotate the mag catch to get a nice round edge.  If you screw up, a replacement only costs a few dollars.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top