Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2006 5:15:06 PM EDT
My Auto-Ord G.I. 1911 has a problem. When I shoot, the slide stop backs out about a 1/4". No problems with function yet but what could cause this, never seen or heard of this?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a problem, it just hasn't caused a malfunction just yet.

How is the engagement lip on the Slide Stop?  Does it look like there is a good lip on it to engage the slide to keep it from walking.  I bet it is not enough being it is walking out and it isn't keeping the slide open on either the take down notch or the slide stop pocket.

My guess is you have a fautlty Slide Stop or your pocket on your frame is milled out a little too deep.

Start with replacing the Slide Stop and see if that fixes the problem.  If it is the cut on the frame, there are ways to tune the slide stop to keep it from walking.

Thanks,
Bob
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Replace the slide release lever.  The edge that retains it in the slide is probably worn and is a common problem.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You have a problem, it just hasn't caused a malfunction just yet.

How is the engagement lip on the Slide Stop?  Does it look like there is a good lip on it to engage the slide to keep it from walking.  I bet it is not enough being it is walking out and it isn't keeping the slide open on either the take down notch or the slide stop pocket.

My guess is you have a fautlty Slide Stop or your pocket on your frame is milled out a little too deep.

Start with replacing the Slide Stop and see if that fixes the problem.  If it is the cut on the frame, there are ways to tune the slide stop to keep it from walking.

Thanks,
Bob

Makes sense, Thanks for making me fell dumb!!LOL
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Just trying to help.

No, not by making you feel dumb. hanks,Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top