Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2002 4:03:32 AM EDT
On my G-19, when doing a mag change with the slide open, If I slap the mag in with moderate force, my slide will release automatically.  Should I be worried?  What should I do to fix it?

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:On my G-19, when doing a mag change with the slide open, If I slap the mag in with moderate force, my slide will release automatically.  Should I be worried?  What should I do to fix it?

This is widely thought of as a "feature," not a problem.  My G23 does it as well, though not always.  I'd think a stronger mag catch spring would fix it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had the same problem with my G19.
I filed the side of the feed lips where they hit the slide when you slam the mag in. I you examine the left side of your feed lips you will see small marks from the mags hitting the slide
If you watch the gap between the slide and the frame when you put in a loaded mag you will see the slide jump a little bit.
Personally, I do not mind this happening if it happened each and every time instead of at random, that is why I worked on my mags so I had to use the slide release, or pull the slide to rear to put it back in battery.

FWIW   Lee
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a couple of H&K's that also have this "feature".
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My G19 does this too.  I've found that using the high caps fully loaded and inserting with a good smack will drop the slide every time.

I personally love the idea.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine does this too. I kind of makes me feel
Hollwoodish
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, doing a combat reload ie. slamming in a fresh magazine will usually release the slide on many "duty" grade pistols.  When I went thru the Glock Armorer's course in '96, this was covered and is as previously stated, considered a "feature".  I've had this occure with several other brands of pistols.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Fastest back in battery you can get.  Watch the 1911 shooters struggle to release slide, and then ask the question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top