Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/13/2011 8:08:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2011 8:09:38 PM EST by Willz]
...yet does not chamber a round.
Had this happen twice in a match. Shot to slide lock, dropped the empty, slammed a loaded mag in the pistol quite firmly to ensure it was positively seated and the slide went forward on its own.
Assuming a round had chambered I aimed and pulled the trigger, click... slap, rack, bang.

Happened twice, am I doing something wrong or is it the pistol?

I say me, not the pistol but....?( G21 btw)
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:29:56 PM EST
How old is the gun? First thing to check is the engagement surface of your slide stop. More than likely it is worn.

How do you normally drop the slide. Do you slingshot it, or are you using your slide stop as a slide release?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:11:48 PM EST
I like it when my HK does this, but it chambers a round. I just forcefully slam a mag in and away it goes. it used to be by design though that this was even possible. I actually prefer this.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:39:38 PM EST
Doing this at home I can get a round to chamber everytime.
That is taking an empty mag moving the slide full open, dropping the empty and slamming a full(10 rnd) mag home, results in the slide running forward and a round being chambered.
It has done this in a match more often than not, ( I like the fact when it works) it does not always chamber a round and I don't understand why.
The pistol is new purchased in December 10 and I have maybe 300 rounds thru it.
Just looking for some repeatablity.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:50:55 PM EST
if you like it it's the slide stop interface to the rail. but I didnt tell you to polish it there or anything...

worst you could get is it wont lock back on an empty mag, but dont mess with the slide, the lock is the cheap part.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:23:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By mrrick:
if you like it it's the slide stop interface to the rail. but I didnt tell you to polish it there or anything...

worst you could get is it wont lock back on an empty mag, but dont mess with the slide, the lock is the cheap part.

Okay I know I've been drinking but WTF are you saying?

Once again..Savvy?

I slam said the afore mentioned magazine home..."Lom say, say mag, go homey, snip , snip,"

Magazine slides forwarard with full authority, (Mag go uppy , Lom, Lom say, smacky smacky)
I pull the trigger and "pink" no bang. (Lom say, say snick ,snick, no bang, bang, eunuchi.)

Yeaaaahhh

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:05:21 AM EST
It more than likely is you. If you dont "slap" it in does it still do it?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:55:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By Warlord_Doc:

I shall inform you once said not slapping has occured.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:40:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By Willz:

If I insert a mag gently the slide does not go forward on it's own. I have to manually release the slide lever or give the slide a tug.

So no, it does not if I don't slap it.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:41:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By mrrick:

I getcha now Mr.Rick, had to read that a few times.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:33:29 PM EST
OMG, send it back! SEND IT BACK!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:53:09 PM EST
Replace the slide lock lever or apply upward pressure on slide lock while inserting magazine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:19:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 11:21:30 AM EST by 19119640]

Originally Posted By sumkrnboy:
Replace the slide lock lever or apply upward pressure on slide lock while inserting magazine.

Slide lock is what holds the slide on the frame. Slide stop is what holds the slide open

Symantics, I know, but when ordering parts it matters.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:21:07 AM EST

If I insert a mag gently the slide does not go forward on it's own. I have to manually release the slide lever or give the slide a tug.

So no, it does not if I don't slap it.

There is your problem. That is a slide stop, not a slide release. Sling shot your slide to chamber a round rather than using your slide stop. Using your slide stop as a slide release will lead to premature wear of your slide stop and the condition you are having.
Top Top