Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2009 6:46:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/27/2009 10:10:10 AM EST by 50bmgAPI]
I have a .50 cal Desert Eagle and I was cleaning it and put the barrel back in place. When I released the slide to let the bolt go forward into the chamber, it got completely stuck and I can not rack the slide back, no matter how much force I use, it absolutely will not budge. Anybody have any ideas on how to move this back? I've tried soaking it with WD-40 but it still won't move. Perhaps a rubber mallet and some wood dowels to hammer it back?
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 8:51:19 AM EST
no idea but in on 1 and tag, and this thread needs pics
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 10:04:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/28/2009 5:42:55 AM EST by 50bmgAPI]
I've actually been able to get the slide back but now by holding it and banging on the grip with a rubber mallet. The barrel will not come out however even though it is loose.

Here are some pics:

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 7:54:33 PM EST
I am interested to hear the outcome of this one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 12:51:41 PM EST
Was able to get the barrel out and clean it thoroughly but it keeps sticking whenever the bolt goes forward. I put a lot of lubricant on the bolt and it was able to slide back somewhat easier but then put break free on it and it stuck shut again. Could I maybe send it back to the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 11:31:53 AM EST
Where are you located.If in SoCal I can look at it for you. John johnsgunsmithing@live.com
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:21:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 6:22:36 AM EST by 50bmgAPI]
Originally Posted By john323:
Where are you located.If in SoCal I can look at it for you. John johnsgunsmithing@live.com

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Utah. Are these things even legal in Southern California?

Anyways, I got the pistol fixed. I was going to contact magnum research but first I took a good look at the manual and completely disassembled the gun. I reassembled it and made sure everything went together according to instructions. When I put it back together, it racked fine and did not have the least bit of resistance. It also had a problem of not firing a subsequent shot (FTF) unless you pulled up on the safety so effectively, it would not fire in semi-auto. I will have to shoot it and see if that is resolved.
Top Top