Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2009 7:46:35 AM EDT
I have a .50 cal Desert Eagle and I was cleaning it and put the barrel back in place. When I released the slide to let the bolt go forward into the chamber, it got completely stuck and I can not rack the slide back, no matter how much force I use, it absolutely will not budge. Anybody have any ideas on how to move this back? I've tried soaking it with WD-40 but it still won't move. Perhaps a rubber mallet and some wood dowels to hammer it back?
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#1]
no idea but in on 1 and tag, and this thread needs pics
Link Posted: 5/27/2009 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I've actually been able to get the slide back but now by holding it and banging on the grip with a rubber mallet. The barrel will not come out however even though it is loose.

Here are some pics:

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I am interested to hear the outcome of this one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Was able to get the barrel out and clean it thoroughly but it keeps sticking whenever the bolt goes forward. I put a lot of lubricant on the bolt and it was able to slide back somewhat easier but then put break free on it and it stuck shut again. Could I maybe send it back to the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are you located.If in SoCal I can look at it for you.  John    [email protected]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Where are you located.If in SoCal I can look at it for you.  John    [email protected]

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Utah. Are these things even legal in Southern California?

Anyways, I got the pistol fixed. I was going to contact magnum research but first I took a good look at the manual and completely disassembled the gun. I reassembled it and made sure everything went together according to instructions. When I put it back together, it racked fine and did not have the least bit of resistance. It also had a problem of not firing a subsequent shot (FTF) unless you pulled up on the safety so effectively, it would not fire in semi-auto. I will have to shoot it and see if that is resolved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top