Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/23/2004 8:50:53 AM EDT
...and can you get a non-threaded barrel ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
USP Tactical:
Length: 218mm
Barrel length: 129mm
Sight radius: 171mm
Height: 154mm

USP45:
length: 200mm
Barrel length: 112mm
Sight radius: 164mm
Height: 141mm

...and can you get a non-threaded barrel?

Not factory for the USP tactical. There are other alternative manufacturers, BarSto, Jarvis, etc.

HTH.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Might be better off getting a USP .45, a match trigger, and some aftermarket sights.

USP tactical equivalent, with no threaded barrel, and you can pick the sights.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The tactical is exactly the same as the USP45F, except for the sights, trigger, and barrel. Frame and slide are exactly the same size.

I have done what others suggested - 45F w/match trigger. It's a sweet shooter, and is my primary carry weapon, replacing the tactical.

Doc
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, and thwe only differance in the trigger is the over travel stop. I'd say, get the USP .45, order a tactical barrel for it (if you really need threads) and have a smith do a good trigger job on it with the money you save.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a chance to get a tactical for a really good price. So it might be worth it to change a tactical to a USP.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Well if that's the case and you don't mind the adjustable sights, go for it. You can always change it later.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]
i was going to do the same thing, and a member here offered to trade me barrels and $$$ for my tactical barrel, if you decide to do this e-mail me and i will give you his address. i opted to sell the tactical so im sure he is still interested.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I pulled the factory sights off my Tac and put regular Mepros on it. I'm not getting a can anytime soon, and when I do, I'll be getting adjustable night sights anyway. I couldn't give up the match trigger though.. the single action pull on that thing is unbelievable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quick question.

What is the extra lever on the MK 23s?  I have seen it in pictures, but never heard what it is for.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quick question.

What is the extra lever on the MK 23s?  I have seen it in pictures, but never heard what it is for.

Decocker is a seperate lever on the MK23.

Don't forget, one has uber cool "Tactical" markings and the USP45f doesnt.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top