Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 11:14:48 AM EDT
Previeously I have posted about some corrosion problems on my stainless XD. I wanted to post again because I have noticed that my Couger also started to get corrosion on it while in the same safe that holds my ready to go stuff. It took a little longer but not a lot. So I have to say it is the safe that did it manly. My Glock has still had no problems in the same safe however I have to say my stainless XD is not as prone to corrosion as I thought. Which is a good thing. So I would certainly recomend an XD with the stainless slide to any one thinking about it.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a bitone XD9 Service myself and I've had zero problems with the finish.  It looks like the day I brought it home, with the exception of the barrel.  I'd recommend it also.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Finish is still like new on mine, stays holstered all the time. I have the blk/o.d. grn 5", it was sprayed all day with salt spray while fishing not too long ago, did not even wipe it down when I was done, still not finish problems. I think it is lack of care to be honest, think of the many of people who probably never wipe theirs down with at the very least oil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top