Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2012 12:55:43 PM EDT
Can I adjust a rear sight by simple putting the slide into a vise and tapping it with a punch or do I need to buy a sight tool.  Here is the story of an idiot!

My dumbass friend bought a used sigma 2 years ago, my first time seeing it I pointed out that the rear sight is way off to one side. I told him to bring it back to the shop and have it adjusted. We'll, he didnt listen and kept it, shot it once or twice ( maybe 50 rounds each time ) and now it collects dust in a droor of his. He says it soots fine and you just have to compensate where the sights are. Yes this is my idiot friend. He called me today and asked if I can adjust it for him. So after making some jokes about him I said i'de look into it and see if I can just tap it over or if I need a tool.

Thanks for the help,
Steve
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#1]
When I had one I just tapped with a hammer and brass punch.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 4:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The Sigma's rear sight is plastic and is just held in place by friction and a little piece of spring steel. Tapping it will work fine, but you may want to use something like a Delrin punch to keep from scarring up the sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top