Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2007 1:43:13 PM EDT
I have a Sigma .380, I bought it over 10 years ago.  It's probably got 100 rounds through it; I'm thinking about selling it to get a Glock 19.  I have a .38 special revolver for a small pocket pistol, and I don't see myself carrying around a .380 anymore for defense, or even buying ammo for it.  It would pretty much do away with .380 as a caliber I'd have to stock.

I really haven't decided yet, but was wondering if anyone has a high/low range for what this gun is worth.  It's in very good condition, and has the case/etc. with it.

I know I shouldn't sell guns, but...

This isn't a For Sale post in any way.  If I go to sell it, I'll list it on the EE.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, the .380 Sigma isn't really the quality pistol S&W usually puts out, and most people won't pay very much at all for them.  I know of some gunshops who won't even put them on their shelves, since S&W put a 2000 rounds life expectancy on them.  The slide is not a machined part made of quality steel, it's a zinc alloy slide!

I've seen them up for sale in the $200 range, but they usually remain unsold.  I've turned them down for $100 in excellent condition before.  It's really hit or miss when it comes to selling them.  I like the 9mm and .40 Sigmas, but not the .380's, which are basically disposable pistols after 2000 rounds at most.

If you really want to part with it, you might be able to sell it in the $175-200 range, if you hit the right person.  But, I've seen them for sale here on the EE marked all the way down to $120 and not sell.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
An informed gun owner won't give you more than $100 for this gun, IMO. A novice gun buyer may go up to $150.

Good luck!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
As others have said, you will have a hard time giving the thing away.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top