Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2014 7:18:18 PM EDT
I finally got the Fusion 1911 kit that I ordered awhile ago, and I had the slide cut for Novak sights, with my intentions being to get Novak Fiber Optic sights. After a little more investigation, I discovered that there is quite a few options when it comes to those very sights. For instance, the Novak Fiber Optic rear sights have a couple different options: S&W, Colt, Kimber, and Taurus. Now, the 1911 I'd be putting these on is a Fusion, so could anyone help me out with which of those four rear sight options would be correct for a Fusion slide?
Also, if anyone has a suggestion for which height I'd need for the Novak Fiber Optic front sight, I'm all ears

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 4:04:34 AM EDT
slide cut for Novak sights, that is your answer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 3:33:46 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
slide cut for Novak sights, that is your answer.
View Quote

So does it not matter whether i get the Novak rear sight made for Taurus, Colt, Kimber or S&W?

Any recommendations on which front sight height would be a good one to get?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2014 9:47:46 PM EDT by Gregory_K]
You want the novak rear sight that is cut for the novak sight cut.

Novak is a sight manuf, but Novak also has there own sight cut, and this is what fusion would of cut the slide to if you specified novak sight cuts.

for front sight I get a gunsmith blank and machine the front sight down till I get poa/poi I am looking for.  Email novak they may have a sugestion.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:31:25 PM EDT
Colt Novak rear will likely be the best fit. Not all Colts have the same front sight cut, as I found out with my Rail Gun. Luckily Novak made one for my XSE, as the standard Novak front overhangs the slide.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:39:18 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tmender03:
Colt Novak rear will likely be the best fit. Not all Colts have the same front sight cut, as I found out with my Rail Gun. Luckily Novak made one for my XSE, as the standard Novak front overhangs the slide.
View Quote

Thanks. Thats what I kind of figured would be the one that fit
Top Top