Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2012 11:47:48 AM EDT
Hello all, I picked up this handgun a couple months ago and love it. However, it has recently began demonstrating the following problem. After firing the last round in a magazine the slide catch lever appears to be working itself out of the handgun. After a mag change, I must physically push the slide catch lever back into the gun to release the slide. Pictures of what is happening are below.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj555/ViciousOutlaw/sig1.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj555/ViciousOutlaw/sig3.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj555/ViciousOutlaw/sig2.jpg

Anyone know what is going on with this handgun?  

Thanks,

VO
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked one recently and it has become one of my favorite handguns. I shot 300 rounds on the same day and I have not noticed the problem you described.  I suggest you call SIG - that does not look normal to me. I have used SIG customer service once and they were very nice.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Call Sig!
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Let us know the outcome.
I was thinking about getting a plastic Sig too, would be interested in the answer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let us know the outcome.
I was thinking about getting a plastic Sig too, would be interested in the answer.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow.. lets hope no issues!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Called sig today. Apparently the pistol is particular about the way you replace the slide catch during reassembly. I was inserting the catch as far as possible into the frame slot then inserting into the slide slot. This is the way I have seen in YouTube videos . The proper way to do it is insert the catch 1/3 of the way into the frame then move it to the slide slot and push all the way in. I'm glad it was user error and I didn't have to send it to sig. I like the pistol too much

Sig cs was very friendly and helpful.

All in all great gun and great company. I will prolly buy another 2022 for the gf in a while.

Thanks,

VO
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I just put a second SP2022 on layaway today.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Damm, I got my second SP 2022 and the same thing is happening to it.  I am sure I am not putting the slide catch in a wrong way, because I field stripped my first 2022 several times already and never had a problem.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#8]
My son-in-law is getting his first gun ever on Saturday. It is a SIG SP2022 9mm (on my recommendation) do i have anything to worry about with this issue? His was ordered from PSA if that means anything.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
The first few times you reassemble the gun give the take-down pin/slide release combo a solid tap with a soft mallet to make sure it is seated properly. After you disassemble/reassemble a couple times it pops in and out a lot easier.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know what to tell you. My first 2022 is perfect. It impressed me so much that trust my life with it and carry it every day. The second seems to be defective. I was looking at it right now. I will call SIG tomorrow to talk about it. I have seen several posts about people not assembling it correctly, but I don't think that is my case.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The first few times you reassemble the gun give the take-down pin/slide release combo a solid tap with a soft mallet to make sure it is seated properly. After you disassemble/reassemble a couple times it pops in and out a lot easier.

The problem with my second 2022 is that the slide catch is popping out too easy

It is moving sideways during firing and when the magazine is empty and the slide catch engages, it also pops out enough to not let the slide move forward. To push it back in I need to align the take down notch on the slide like if was field stripping the gun and push the slide catch back in. It clicks back in place but I can tell it is not all the way in.

The dam thing is still very accurate regardless.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Glad you got it resolved.  The Sig SP2022 is one of the few true bargains in firearms today.  A world class semi auto that's built like a tank, runs like a top, points well, shoots accurately and has one of the best single action stock triggers out there, bar none.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I have two SigPro2022's and love them.  Both are 9mm's and shoot great.  I have had no issues, and am actually thinking of getting another 2022!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top