Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/3/2004 2:50:11 AM EDT
I bought a Sig 220ST the other day to add to the collection of other sigs. I took it to the range and put 150 rds through it with no problem.....But the slide failed to lock to the rear on empty even when I manually pulled it. After getting it home I decided to wait and call Sig to see what the issue was. Finally I ran out of patience waiting till monday and decided to take it upon myself and began troubleshooting. I played with the mag spring tension and this fixed it but I did not expect the fix to last long. Monday came around and I stopped at Novaks and picked up a couple of new/extra mags. To no avail this did not fix the problem. I them decided to scatter the pistol and adjust the slide release tension spring. I reassembled and tested. All worked flawlessly. I called sig and told them of the problem and the CSR said he was going to send me 2 extra mags and a new spring. He said one or the other should fix the problem. He said he was also going to through in a couple of new mag springs. I also voiced my opinion that I didn't care for the hogue grips that were stock. He said he would toss in set of the plastic grips.

Now thinking thsat nothing in this world is free I asked what the charge was and he told me that it was all complimentary due to the trouble I had. That is great customer service in my opinion.

BTW the 220ST is absolutely the most accurate pistol I now own. I will outshoot both of my Kimbers and glock.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:47:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2004 12:48:29 PM EDT by _DR]
My local Sig dealer has always adjusted my sights for free, even replaced a front sight free on my P239.

I love my P220, best .45 I have ever owned. (although I love my 1911s too - have to say that or they will get jealous)
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:52:01 PM EDT
I've got several Sigs: 2 P228, 1 P239, and a P220R. I love that 220R! never had any failure of any type ever! Thousands and thousands of rounds through each one and have had exactly ONE malfunction: The slide did not lock back after the final round. The Sig is a great gun. haven't met one I didn't like.
Top Top