Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 8/31/2015 6:16:09 PM EDT
Who has one? How do you like it? Does it compare favorably with the glock 19?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:52:14 PM EDT
Never cared for striker-fired handguns until I tried a P320 Compact. I now own three of them that rotate between training, EDC & nightstand. Between them all I have appx 2,000 trouble-free rds through them.
Although I shoot them well, Glocks have never felt good in my hand (large palm, shortish fingers) while the P320's fuller grip is just about perfect for me (YMMV). Plus, I find the P320's controls (mag release, slide release) to be more ergonomic.
Recently added the APEX flat trigger and that made a big difference, I highly recommend it.
HTH...
Tomac

Nightstand P320 Compact (pre-APEX trigger):
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:16:30 PM EDT
Just got one last week and love it so far. A little action magic on the sear and trigger is wonderful!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:08:01 PM EDT
I was fairly uncertain about the platform but took the plunge this past weekend and picked one up. Thoroughly impressed. Compares very favorably in my opinion to the G19, is much closer in size than comparison pictures would have you believe. Ergonomics are incredible and the increase in bore axis being a negative is highly over exaggerated by forum commandos. Trigger is a little heavy for my taste but is short and smooth. I'm confident that as I shoot it it will break in nicely. Sig has a real winner on the their hands.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:20:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2015 8:23:07 AM EDT by Texaspo]
I have been running one for a few months now approaching the 1000 round mark.  To put it simply, the 320 has surpassed my expectations.  It is very close in size to the G19, it is obvious Sig built the compact to compete directly with the 19.  Accuracy has been outstanding with it.  It easily matches most of my 1911's and is better than all but one of my glocks.  

Reliability has been as good as any of my glocks, zero issues what so ever.  Durability, only time will tell on that one, but at this point I see no reason to believe it would have anything but a long service life.  Recoil and the high bore axis is going to subjective with each shooter.  For me, it is a non issue and it is right inline with my 19.  

The trigger is very good.  Mine was a little gritty when it arrived.  It is very 1911's ish now.   I still think the PPQ has a better trigger overall, but the 320 is very close after a few rounds breaking it in.  I spent a lot of time looking over the fire control parts and actually worked mine over a bit.  My trigger breaks right at 5.5 constantly, with no creep, no grit, and a clean break and reset.  The trigger on the 320 has a ton of potential as far as what can be done to it for competition.  

The only thing I can ding it for it the overly large take down lever.  I feel like it needs to be a bit less intrusive.  I have an extra one right now that I am modifying to be a bit smaller.   Other than that, it is an excellent pistol, and has won me over.  I have been carrying Glocks for most of my LE career.  The 320 was intended to be a supplemental weapon to my duty glocks, but has now actually replaced them.  While I am not getting rid of any of my Glocks, I carry my 320 on duty every day.  

I highly recommend the 320, especially to anyone looking at moving into the polymer pistol market.  For all the love i have for Glocks, I can honestly say the 320 has their number.  The 320 stands poised to get back into the LE market in a big way.  In my department alone, 9 officers have converted from Glocks to the 320.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:19:30 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies so far, have a glock 19 now and have owned a glock 23 in the past.....I know they are great guns, but I just don't shoot them as well. I'm trying to decide on a p320 or Springfield xd to replace the glock
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:26:42 PM EDT
Mine eats everything.   Excellent accuracy too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:20:41 PM EDT
i have both a glock 19 and a p320 compact, I owned the glock first, I put a 3.5# connector, a 3.5# spring kit, a set of metal pins, I polished the pins, trigger bar and the safety plunger till they shined like a mirror, I put a extended slide release, and an extended mag release, and guess what....now the glock feels the same as a stock factory sig p320!

dealer cost puts the glock and the p320 at the same price, but to be the same gun, you'd need to spend about 60-70 bucks on the glock!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:46:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2015 5:49:01 PM EDT by ar15hookem]
I have both. The G19 was my carry gun, now the P320 has taken it's place.

The Sig shoots just as well if not better then the G19. Recoil is about the same. Where the P320 comes into it's own is the trigger and the break when the gun fires. Trigger is so smooth, I found I was anticipating the break and was shooting low. Once I corrected myself the gun hits center for me.

I liked the gun so well, I added a 40sw compact to the 9mm p320. Easier to by a new gun for 80 bucks more then the exchange kit.

Now I my try for the subcompact in 357 Sig at the next gun show.

ETA. I have a XD in 45 acp. The only knock against it is the recoil stroke is higher above the hand then most other pistols. Takes getting use to but it shoots good once you are use to the recoil stroke.
Top Top