Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 4:21:58 AM EST
I have yet to own a Sig, but the Iraqi Freedom 229 caught my eye. I went to my local dealer and handled a regular 229 and I like the weapon.

Operation Iraqi Freedom Commemorative

Has anyone seen one of the Iraqi Freedom models? How does it look? Future collector item?

Thanks, folks. I may just buy a Sig!

BD
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:58:26 AM EST
I have seen one at a gun show, typical SIG quality...other than the engraving, nothing else is special about it......
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:16:08 AM EST
I like them, but I like even better the SIG Navy Seals 226. It is supposed to be made just like the Navy one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:32:08 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2004 11:33:23 AM EST by Va_Dinger]
I know its a commemorative, but the gold lettering looks gaudy to me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:19:40 PM EST
By all rights it should be a C&R gun since it is a "commemorative" and therefore is collectable. You might give ATFE a call and check, that way if you have a C&R you can pick it up without having to go thru your dealer. That would save you some money(tax, background check, dealers fees.).
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:33:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/13/2004 3:34:19 AM EST by baileydogg]

Originally Posted By TNFrank:
By all rights it should be a C&R gun since it is a "commemorative" and therefore is collectable. You might give ATFE a call and check, that way if you have a C&R you can pick it up without having to go thru your dealer. That would save you some money(tax, background check, dealers fees.).

Does it really work that way? I am in the process of attaining my C&R FFL, but never thought of using it in this manner.

Thanks for the responses. I am actually going to look at one today. Curious how the engraving looks as well.

BD
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:54:51 AM EST
It should. I've seen S&W 645's that were commemoratives that you can buy on your C&R so why not a Sig. I'd give ATFE a call just to check, heck, the worst thing they can say is "no". Most people don't know that there are a lot of moderen guns that are C&R, they just have to have a limited run and be collectable. When you get your C&R just take a look at the book with the listed C&R guns. You'll be amazed at what's on that list.
Top Top