Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 5:21:58 AM EDT
I have yet to own a Sig, but the Iraqi Freedom 229 caught my eye. I went to my local dealer and handled a regular 229 and I like the weapon.

Operation Iraqi Freedom Commemorative

Has anyone seen one of the Iraqi Freedom models? How does it look? Future collector item?

Thanks, folks. I may just buy a Sig!

BD
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have seen one at a gun show, typical SIG quality...other than the engraving, nothing else is special about it......
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I like them, but I like even better the SIG Navy Seals 226. It is supposed to be made just like the Navy one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:32:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I know its a commemorative, but the gold lettering looks gaudy to me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
By all rights it should be a C&R gun since it is a "commemorative" and therefore is collectable. You might give ATFE a call and check, that way if you have a C&R you can pick it up without having to go thru your dealer. That would save you some money(tax, background check, dealers fees.).
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
By all rights it should be a C&R gun since it is a "commemorative" and therefore is collectable. You might give ATFE a call and check, that way if you have a C&R you can pick it up without having to go thru your dealer. That would save you some money(tax, background check, dealers fees.).

Does it really work that way? I am in the process of attaining my C&R FFL, but never thought of using it in this manner.

Thanks for the responses. I am actually going to look at one today. Curious how the engraving looks as well.

BD
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#6]
It should. I've seen S&W 645's that were commemoratives that you can buy on your C&R so why not a Sig.  I'd give ATFE a call just to check, heck, the worst thing they can say is "no".   Most people don't know that there are a lot of moderen guns that are C&R, they just have to have a limited run and be collectable. When you get your C&R just take a look at the book with the listed C&R guns. You'll be amazed at what's on that list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top