Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2008 11:40:26 AM EDT
Once again I turn to the wisdom of the masses....

I am making my transition into LE from the Marine Corps. I already have my off duty carry gun (an H&K) but I was looking for a piece I could put in an ankle rig. Second rule of a gunfight....bring two guns.

I really wanted a PPK, but my department has a very restricted list of firearms it allows. So I found that all Sigs were allowed and I looked at the P232. This is where I hit snag #2. My department allows ONLY Double action only weapons. The P232 is at a 10lb trigger and Sig has no action enhancement program for it.

So now I turn to the P239 DAK. 7lbs trigger pull, I can even get it in .40 which is a plus. But I have never handled one, and I wanted to know the following:

How do y'all like it?
Will it conceal in an ankle rig, or is it too big?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all I'm a big Sig fan and I love the P239 DAK. I'm not sure how I'd feel carrying my 239 on my ankle... I'm not a small guy by all means but I guess I could carry it on the ankle with a helluva holster. I'd say handle one loaded and see what you think...
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't imagine running or doing much physical activity with a 239 on my ankle.  I have no experience with ankle holsters, but I carry a 239 IWB everyday and it's heavy.  Weight doesn't matter much IWB though.
Link Posted: 7/11/2008 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Carry it in a vest holster that fits through the straps for duty ans a Belley Band from Galco for off duty.

By the way...Semper Fi!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#4]
i think that if you go with the 239 you will get better results than the 232, because the 239 is a superb gun, one of the best that Sig has made, not taking anything away from the 232, but the 239 is one of the best back up guns, and regarding the ankle holster, never have seen one worn in one, but they obviously make them and i wouldnt think it would be too big, the gun itself is a realtively compact gun, so it should do fine. Best of luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top