Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:23:18 PM EST
Ok just got a Sig 239 DAO model....and as far as shooting goes... its great... however one slight problem ... in about 25 magazines worth of shooting... the pistol only went to slide-lock three times ... anyone else have similar problems?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:32:48 PM EST
No, but my P220 does the same on occasion.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:44:41 PM EST
If you are right handed, your firing side thumb probably touched the slide stop during your string of fire. It is a smaller frame, so one way to take care of that would be to place your firing side thumb on top of your support side thumb.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 4:55:36 AM EST
That's definitely it... the slide stop is much further back on the sig than any of my other pistols...so I inserted an empty magazine into the magazine well, held the pistol the way i normally would, racked the slide, and it wouldn't stay locked because my thumb was pressing up against it... thanks a lot Dragonfly!

Originally Posted By Dragonfly228:
If you are right handed, your firing side thumb probably touched the slide stop during your string of fire. It is a smaller frame, so one way to take care of that would be to place your firing side thumb on top of your support side thumb.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:26:24 AM EST
Yep. Thumb on slide lock. I do it more often than I care to admit on my 220.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:00:27 PM EST
Glad you figured out the problem, but just in case, another cause of the failure to lock back that I learned about when I was having problems with my P226 is insufficient lubrication. Apparently Sigs prefer a little more than most pistols I've used - I was having a horrible time with my brand new 9mm, but after another cleaning and adding additional CLP on the slide and top of the barrel, I didn't have any more problems.

Dave
Top Top