Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2003 6:58:59 PM EDT
I sold a baby eagle 9mm to upgrade.  Which of should I chose the 226 or usp 40 full size.  or should I stay with another baby eagle in .40.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig's are fine guns. They're reliable as hell, shoot anything you put in them. Accuracy is better than average.

However, H&K is THE finest gun you can buy excepting Baer/Wilson/Brown 1911s, IMO. Accuracy is beyond compare, ditto for reliability.

Sig may be a Cadillac but H&K is a Rolls Royce. Buy the H&K!

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Another reason to go for the USP is the availability of pre-ban 13 round mags.  There was no pre-'94 P226 .40, hence no pre-ban .40 mags for it.

If you were asking about a 9mm P226 vs a 9mm USP, I would say go for the SIG.  The new version with the milled from billet blackened stainless steel slide is excellent.  I sold my old stamped carbon steel slide model to get one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a .40 baby eagle and LOVE it.  I haven't had one malfunction and it is very comfortable to shoot.  My vote goes for the baby eagle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Handle both and buy the one that feels best in your hands and has the features that suit you best. They are both primo firearms.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Handle both and buy the one that feels best in your hands and has the features that suit you best. They are both primo firearms.

Exactly.  A Ford/Chevy type of thing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have shot both, and my vote here goes to the HK. They have better ergonomics and the slide lock is in the right place for my tastes.

Sigs have a better trigger, but I prefer the 3 dot sights on the USP and the overall trimness of the USP pistols. The 226 is fatter making it harder to conceal. Plus the USP can be carried cocked and locked, which is a real plus for me...

Both are excellent pistols. Choose the one that has the right combo of features for you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]
That's the first time I ever heard a USP described as "trim".  Compared to a Desert Eagle maybe.

I've had both the P226 and the USP .40 and ended up selling them, but I'd give the USP the edge just because it has a manual safety.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
The USP is a bit thinner than the P226. This makes it easier to fit IWB, thus easier to conceal, thus my classification as "trim".

Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Why switch to .40s&w???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top