Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 12:57:46 AM EDT
I am wondering if it would be beneficial to trade my G26 for a G19.  My wife and I bought Glock 26's together then she sold her's to be proficiant with here SW .38 chiefs special that she loves. I have a thread on that.  I have a G26 and it is the only handgun I myself own.  I got it for concealment.  I have G19 mags for my G26 that I shoot now I have 4 G19 mags and 5 G26 mags.   The only difference that I have seen and felt is how to hold the weapon its a little different with a small weapon like the 26 and the light rail.  Since right now I dont plan on getting a light for it it should not make a difference but I like having one weapon where I am the master of it.  I have used it in 3 gun shoots (just done 2) and it has worked well.  I am sticking with 9mm so any suggestions or comments are fine.  Not thinking of the G17 because I have G19 mags now and prefer the compact/suibcompact realm of handguns.  Thanks

Scott
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:40:51 AM EDT
[#1]
If I could only own one Glock it would be the G19.

In my opinion it's the perfeck Glock. I have not problems concealing my G19 and I'm only 5'5" & 130lbs. That said, I don't recommend getting rid of any gun. If you can keep your G26 and still get a G19 go that route instead of trading it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:44:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I would trade it. Concealment shouldn't be an issue for you. And it sounds like it would fit your hand better. The 19 will have a rail, should you want to add a light later. Unless your using an ankle holster or pocket holster the size difference won't be an issue. See what you can do on a trade towards a 19 with night sights and more magazines.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]
not only yes but, HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
without a doubt trade for a g19
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
without a doubt trade for a g19

Big plus 1.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried the Pierce +0 extended grips for your 10rd mags? I have them for my G26 and they make a world of difference. The G26 feels awkward without them but perfect with them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#8]
i have a G26, adding a 19 instead of trading.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#9]
In true ARFCOM Tradition I have decided to keep the G26 and buy a used G19 when I find one.  I have the Pierce +0 extended grips just need a tool to add them on.  All thanks for the help.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Glock 30, Glock 17, and Glock 22 and my wife caries a Glock 26.  I love the Glock 26 for carry because it is just so small yet brings plenty of capacity to a fight.  My primary CCW is the glock 30 and it is about the  same size of the Glock 19.  It is a little larger then the Glock 26 but not so much so that I mind carying it but I do so for the 45 ACP over a couple more rounds.

I have never owned a Glock 19 but I will grant you they are a great gun...

I would just never get rid of a Glock 26 as in warm weather or for CCW use the baby glock is just so handy.  Add the Glock 19 or even a whole collection of Glocks but I wouldn't get rid of that little gun as I know I find myself carying my wife's Glock 26 in the summer more then she does!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Nah, keep the G26.  It's a fine handgun.  Learn how to shoot it before doing anthing rash (ie, selling it) with it.  Once you know how to shoot it, you'll see the beauty of it's very compact size, versitility, feel of shooting a full sized gun.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:34:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Unless cash is an issue, don't sell it. You'll regret it later.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Good choice, you will like the Pierce grips. Now you will have to save for a G17 after you get the G19.

Used Glocks are a good choice. Good customer service from Glock and they're already broken in. For carry purposes you won't have to worry about scratching it. Makes it a tool from the start instead of a toy. My next Glock I will buy used again. I think Tritium sights are also a must.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had the 26 since they released the little buggers.  Sold off my S&W compacts after aquiring the 26.

Keep the 26.  Add the magazine grip extensions, and tritium night sights.   Believe me, with the grip extensions and night sights you will have a whole new gun in your hand.

If you want a larger pistol go to the 34, and get an appreciably longer sight plane.

IMHO, if you need a compact pistol, use the most compact one you can get (26).  If you need/have room for a full sized pistol, get a full sized pistol (34).  To me the G17 and G19 don't fill a niche I need.  

I am a big believer in the saying "the best self defence gun  is the one you have with you".   The G26 ends up with me when I would otherwise be pared down to a .38 snub or nothing.  If I have the room for a full sized gun I want a full sized gun (1911 .45)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top