Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2009 3:47:24 PM EDT
So here is where Im at with this.. I saw one at the gun shop the other day and they are holding it for me till I can pick it up on Wednesday but have not heard much good about it. I own a TRP now and love it and have not had a lick of problems with it but seems like the EMP has problems feeding and jamming up till you send it back to Springfield to fix. The gun is going to set me back about $1,100 plus tax so anyone have one or can make this choice a bit easier for me to make that would be great!! Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#2]
i have an emp in 9mm and love it.  it is ammo sensitive––gotta use minimum winchester white box from wally world.  you also need to keep it clean.  had to replace to extractor––which sa sent me directly. other than that, i have had no problems.  if you are a fan of 1911's, you'll love the emp.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:10:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I too have an EMP 9mm and love it....So much so that I have a deposit on an EMP 40.

I think you will be more than happy with the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a .40 EMP and I love it. I had a couple of failures to feed in the first 25 rounds. I took it straight out of the box and shot it. I got the cleaning kit out of my range bag, gave it a good cleaning and lubed it liberally and it has been purring along every since. Zero problems so far, but I only have about 350 rounds thru it. It is very, very tight and very accurate for a compact 1911! YRMV, but I'm sure happy with mine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I would rather have one in 9mm, myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top