Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2002 6:10:42 AM EDT
10 shots of 45 in such a small package, will it work? A good friend fell in love with one and we gave it a shake down, after purchase. It delivers. I fired at 10-15 yards, all shots in or near the bull. I was impressed. Mixed lead wad cutters with jacketed, it didnt care. Limp wristing not a factor,(excuse glocksters use) as the "little woman" let loose downrange. Recoil is not an issue, as the wife was so concerned about. A lock is built into the slide, for those who insist on child proofing (looks like an allen wrench can defeat it). Trigger pull from the box, not the greatest, as it progresses in a series of steps till let off. It was improving, however. No malfs of any kind is reassuring. On this one, the mag did not drop free (it comes with just one). Plastic sights, quite usable, with white dots,(not like legos). Another one on display in titanium had night sights which bumped the price up considerably. Can't comment on long term durability yet. My opinion for now...strap one on.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
i had one, i liked it too, and will get another one when they get it right, my frame cracked on one side, and a piece fell off of the other side at 500 rds, my friend had the same problem, then his trigger broke off, great gun, just needs to get the bugs worked out
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 4:37:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats not good...500 rounds and you have to send it back. A lifetime warranty is nice, but when it comes unglued in an ugly situation, that could end the "lifetime warranty" by default? Seems like, in the quest for a small/powerful package some durability is lost. Thanks for the info, avengeusa.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a PT-145 and am very concerned about your post.  Should I send mine back?  Is Taurus replacing or "recalling" PT-145's and has this issue been correct in current production?  Thanks for any information you have!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Off the cuff, I would just enjoy shooting it. When its cleaned, inspect that area more closely. Any sign of cracks, ship it back. I have seen letters from other manufacturers about recalls, but I dont know Taurus' policy. May be worth a phone call...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top