Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 7:23:09 PM EDT
And I really like it, I think I'm going to buy one....but I had two jams in 100 rounds.
It was a rental gun, but looked like it was taken care of. I don't remember the make of the bullets, but they were new and not reloaded.

Both jams went down like this: I was shooting the gun (obviously) and the slide was slightly open, the spent shell was not ejected, it was still in the chamber. A new round was haflway unseated from the mag, touching the spent shell.

I cleared them easily, but is this common? Was I limp wristing it? I have never been able to get any of my HK USPs to jam, and I shot the glock same as any other gun I've shot.

For now I'm going to get a HK P2000sk in .40, and I think my next gun will be the glock.

I just want my CCW piece to be 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 27.  It feeds, shoots, extracts and ejects every kind of quality factory jacketed ammo I have ever fed it.  As the magazines age though, they'll sometimes fail to hold the slide back after the last round is fired.  I believe this is common and not unique to Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably due to the mag springs becoming weak.

So what's the deal with the jams? Every time I was empty the slide was locked back.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
If the slide went back far enough to pick up the next round, but didnt eject the  fired case, I'd look at maybe a bent/broken ejector.  There might also be a element of limp wristing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's probably due to the mag springs becoming weak.

So what's the deal with the jams? Every time I was empty the slide was locked back.

Hard to say without me actually firing it.  I would rule limp wristing out though as it sounds like you're an experienced shooter.  The baby models have been around for years and it's possible your rental has been force fed and digested more than it's fair share of God knows what kind of ammo.  But hey, keep talking to others that have them to get more well rounded info.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a G27 with thousands of rounds through it.  Never had a single feed issue with it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't had any problems with my 27.  Could be a chipped extractor.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've got a G27 with thousands of rounds through it.  Never had a single feed issue with it.

+2
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Both jams went down like this: I was shooting the gun (obviously) and the slide was slightly open, the spent shell was not ejected, it was still in the chamber. A new round was haflway unseated from the mag, touching the spent shell.

I cleared them easily, but is this common? Was I limp wristing it? I have never been able to get any of my HK USPs to jam, and I shot the glock same as any other gun I've shot.

Was the recently fired case totally in the chamber?  Not extracted and not ejected?  Limp wristing I have seen usually results in extraction, but not complete ejection.  The empty case gets caught by the slide coming back home.

My 27 has never had a hiccup, and I feed it with a dillon.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I've carried a 27 for my backup/off duty gun since 98.  I've never had a problem with it.  It's a part of my daily wardrobe.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Was the recently fired case totally in the chamber?  Not extracted and not ejected?  Limp wristing I have seen usually results in extraction, but not complete ejection.  The empty case gets caught by the slide coming back home.

My 27 has never had a hiccup, and I feed it with a dillon.....

Yes, the case was completely in the chamber both times.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#14]
i have about 5k through mine without a single hiccup.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I am not trying to diss you, but may be a weak grip thing even though you sound like you have a lot of shooting in.  Such a small grip and not used to it.......you know.

I took a sander and sanded off the finger groves on my 27.  The top grove hit me right in the middle of my middle finger when I have a grip on it.  Now I have a lot better grip, before I did this it just did not feel as secure as I wanted it to be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top