Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/11/2005 1:24:12 PM EDT
What is the best way to ship ammo? How hard/expensive is it to ship ammo?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:09:41 PM EDT
Generally, I think you are required to send it ground. UPS or FEDEX are probably the way to go. I know that Cabela's doesn't charge hazmat on ammo, but they do require ground shipping.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:16:33 PM EDT
UPS, must be labeled. Cost is high due to heavy weight of ammo.

Follow UPS tariffs on shipping ammo and you'll be fine. Tariff can be found here (Section 425, page 4):
www.ups.com/media/final_us_tariff_11232005.pdf
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:41:06 AM EDT
Anyone ever shipped it Fedex ground, I shipped other stuff through them and they ran alot cheaper then UPS, how about on ammo?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:29:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By luv2shoot:
What is the best way to ship ammo? How hard/expensive is it to ship ammo?

Don't know about where you live, but here UPS won't let you ship more than 100 rds in one box (I think that's the number) because they're not a HAZMAT shipping station. But, you can ship as much as you like in 100rd boxes.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:31:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AShooter:

Don't know about where you live, but here UPS won't let you ship more than 100 rds in one box (I think that's the number) because they're not a HAZMAT shipping station. But, you can ship as much as you like in 100rd boxes.

UPS & FedEx requires that you go to a genuine UPS/FedEx depot. Can't ship firearms or ammo from a UPS Store or any 3rd party pickup/drop-off point.

I've received full cases of ammo via UPS Ground. NO restrictions on tariffs that would only allow 100rd/box for shipping ammo if you go to a Depot. Might require that you "educate" them on their own rules, however. I always take a copy of pertinent page in their Tariff with me to the depot . . . just in case I run into someone who wants to make up his/her own rules.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:58:25 AM EDT
Thanks guys UPS is the way to go.Fedex is way to expensive and diffucult to ship ammo through so UPS it is.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:44:51 PM EDT
Has anybody checked with DHL? They're on a mission to steal business away from UPS and FedEx, so they might be a bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:32:45 PM EDT
Never gave it a thought I may check into that
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:57:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stasher1:
Has anybody checked with DHL? They're on a mission to steal business away from UPS and FedEx, so they might be a bit cheaper.

DHL wont shipp ammo

www.dhl-usa.com/resources/Terms_and_Conditions_of_Service.pdf
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:54:00 AM EDT
I found that out last night on their website its in their shipping rules
Top Top