Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2010 10:31:46 AM EDT
Which is better? I want lighter trigger and reliability?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:26:40 AM EDT
Ghost is the best I have used. I prefer the Ghost Rocket. You can take some of the reset out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:40:32 PM EDT
Yes, Ghost Rocket is an awesome trigger. Glock factory trigger doesn't solve the main reason for me to replace the stock, which is the over-travel. The factory 3.5 is mushy and vague...

IDK about the Scherer
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:15:22 PM EDT
I just tried a brand new Scherer 3.5lb connector in a friend's G17. It SUCKED ASS. Very gritty, and the break was not light at all. I much prefer my Ghost and Glock connectors, which are perfectly smooth. I can only assume this particular Scherer connector was defective, but I am not willing to give them another chance.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:42:20 PM EDT
Ghost kicks ass.

I'd go with Ghost or factory over Scherer any day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:31:20 PM EDT
i wouldnt use anything but factory in a defense gun...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:40:05 PM EDT
I have a Glock OEM in my G17C and a Scherer in my G19. At first I kepy away from the Scherer. I only bought it because it was $8. Now, looking back on it I can't tell the difference. The metal looks exactly the same and other than one having an S and the other having a "-" I can't tell the difference.

I would buy another Scherer connector. I would not buy their mag extensions, Pearce makes better extensions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:58:37 AM EDT
Not to hijack.........but is that all is needed for a lighter pull? Just a 3.5# connector?

I want a lighter TP without giving up the positive "click" reset. Would a Ghost 3.5# be what I'm looking for?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:11:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 11:14:30 AM EDT by smoketheresfire]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Not to hijack.........but is that all is needed for a lighter pull? Just a 3.5# connector?

I want a lighter TP without giving up the positive "click" reset. Would a Ghost 3.5# be what I'm looking for?

That is all that is needed. The Rocket has a very short reset when installed correctly. Also still has a nice positive reset, although maybe a hair lighter than stock.

In fact, I have been amazed with how fast I can dump rounds into the target with this setup on my G34. Almost sounds like FA..

The Rocket also comes pre-polished from Ghost, so there's not that grittiness like the stocker.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:17:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By smoketheresfire:

That is all that is needed. The Rocket has a very short reset when installed correctly. Also still has a nice positive reset, although maybe a hair lighter than stock.

In fact, I have been amazed with how fast I can dump rounds into the target with this setup on my G34. Almost sounds like FA..

The Rocket also comes pre-polished from Ghost, so there's not that grittiness like the stocker.

Ah, perfect. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:19:26 PM EDT
I have used the Scherer, Ghost, LWD, and the Glock one.

The Scherer and Glock feel the same. The Ghost is nice but I really did not feel much difference between the two. The LWD I have had one good one and one bad feeling one so it was hit or miss IMO.

But in all honesty I really could not tell a huge difference that made one stand out from the other.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:12:44 AM EDT

I also use a 6# trigger spring.

Top Top