Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 10:31:46 AM EDT
Which is better?  I want lighter trigger and reliability?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Ghost is the best I have used. I prefer the Ghost Rocket. You can take some of the reset out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Ghost Rocket is an awesome trigger.  Glock factory trigger doesn't solve the main reason for me to replace the stock, which is the over-travel.  The factory 3.5 is mushy and vague...

IDK about the Scherer
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I just tried a brand new Scherer 3.5lb connector in a friend's G17. It SUCKED ASS. Very gritty, and the break was not light at all. I much prefer my Ghost and Glock connectors, which are perfectly smooth. I can only assume this particular Scherer connector was defective, but I am not willing to give them another chance.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Ghost kicks ass.

I'd go with Ghost or factory over Scherer any day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
i wouldnt use anything but factory in a defense gun...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Glock OEM in my G17C and a Scherer in my G19.  At first I kepy away from the Scherer.  I only bought it because it was $8.  Now, looking back on it I can't tell the difference.  The metal looks exactly the same and other than one having an S and the other having a "-" I can't tell the difference.

I would buy another Scherer connector.  I would not buy their mag extensions, Pearce makes better extensions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to hijack.........but is that all is needed for a lighter pull?  Just a 3.5# connector?

I want a lighter TP without giving up the positive "click" reset.  Would a Ghost 3.5# be what I'm looking for?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not to hijack.........but is that all is needed for a lighter pull?  Just a 3.5# connector?

I want a lighter TP without giving up the positive "click" reset.  Would a Ghost 3.5# be what I'm looking for?

That is all that is needed.  The Rocket has a very short reset when installed correctly.  Also still has a nice positive reset, although maybe a hair lighter than stock.

In fact, I have been amazed with how fast I can dump rounds into the target with this setup on my G34.  Almost sounds like FA..  

The Rocket also comes pre-polished from Ghost, so there's not that grittiness like the stocker.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all that is needed.  The Rocket has a very short reset when installed correctly.  Also still has a nice positive reset, although maybe a hair lighter than stock.

In fact, I have been amazed with how fast I can dump rounds into the target with this setup on my G34.  Almost sounds like FA..  

The Rocket also comes pre-polished from Ghost, so there's not that grittiness like the stocker.

Ah, perfect.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I have used the Scherer, Ghost, LWD, and the Glock one.

The Scherer and Glock feel the same.  The Ghost is nice but I really did not feel much difference between the two.  The LWD I have had one good one and one bad feeling one so it was hit or miss IMO.

But in all honesty I really could not tell a huge difference that made one stand out from the other.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I also use a 6# trigger spring.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top