Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 10:46:48 PM EDT
So I was thinking about going to the range to play w/ some more of my new stuff and put a few hundred more rounds through my H&K USP 40.  On a whim, I ask a female friend along.  She's a buddy of both me and my wife.  Anyway, she shocks me and says she'd love to go.  She's pretty granola and has never fired a gun in her life.

So that's the backstory.  We get to the range and I hand her a 1917 S&W 45 revolver because it's loaded light.  She did OK.  Then we went to the H&K.  Again, OK, but nothing to brag about.  

Then we pull out the S&W model 25 (45 revolver).  We crank a few off and change targets.  Her first shot on the new target, and she centers the thing.  We were somewhere between 7 or 15 yds, but I'm guessing it's closer to 7 (I don't exactly recall).  Her next two shots were only slightly off.  Seems she figured out what she was doing wrong.

Back we go to the H&K a little later and a new target.  At 7 yds, she put all 10 shots in a pattern in the center the size of a football.  I was pretty impressed.

We played with various ranges from 3 yds to 15 yds and she did great.  I just wish that I would have taken more 45 colt rounds to play w/.

So she loved it.  She's bragged to her husband and her dad already and she wants to go again.  Even more amazing, her even more granola husband now wants to go.  They all have to get in line behind the wife as it's her turn.  

Me, I love having the excuse to go to the range.  I love killing Johny Paper.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife has been hinting that she wants her own gun lately.  It feels good to "convert" don't it...before she was a devout pacifist...couple kids and a few pedophile news stories and now she is ready to defend our fledgling family..
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, even the most hippie, granola, peace-loving mom will cook and eat you if you mess w/ her kids.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The key, is the color pink!  My wife had never shot a gun before me, although she had nothing against them (thank goodness).  Now she's sporting her own G17

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The key, is the color pink!  My wife had never shot a gun before me, although she had nothing against them (thank goodness).  Now she's sporting her own G17

home.off-road.com/~loknlod/laceysgun.jpg

--Josh

she didn't get a pink one because she likes pink. She got a pink one so you wouldn't take it
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You of course realize that when the bad guys rush into your house and you grab a gun and jump into the fray... it will be the pink one.  Even if you get them all, you'll never live it down.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
need pics!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You of course realize that when the bad guys rush into your house and you grab a gun and jump into the fray... it will be the pink one.  Even if you get them all, you'll never live it down.

I already shot it like that in a USPSA match

To quote my dad "I can think of no worse fate than to be shot dead with a pink Glock"

--Josh
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife likes the concept, but prefers purple.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:00:26 AM EDT
[#9]
This is how we will save our sport and our 2nd amd. rights.

Get more people (especially non-shooter types) involved, and firearms become a fun and useful tool, instead of  evil killing machines - only used by criminals and anti social types .
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#10]
That's a good point though my hippie friends wasn't exactly against guns in the first place (she was a military brat)... unless it was around her children which is totally her choice.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#11]
My GF is totally opposed to pink guns.  She also hates the concept of the "Ladysmith" line.  She thinks its just men in the gun industry trying to pander to women.  She finds it condecending.  I think she's nuts when it comes to that issue, but I'm not going to argue with her.  She can handle herself quite well with her 1911 or her Glock 19.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top