Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 6:02:34 AM EDT
How long could one expect an alloy pistol to last compared to a standard pistol?  I have an SA alloy loaded package and I was wondering how long it would remain a clover leaf gun.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Too many variables to list. Ammo selection of course will make a big difference, +P or standard, etc.

SA has a lifetime warranty so I wouldn't worry about it, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Basically I'm looking for an excuse to trade it for a wilson combat.  I'm not crazy about the alloy since its probably going to wear out quicker and I dont want to have to fight with SA about what their version of "end of life" is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Basically I'm looking for an excuse to trade it for a wilson combat.  I'm not crazy about the alloy since its probably going to wear out quicker and I dont want to have to fight with SA about what their version of "end of life" is.

Just sell it and move on...but look a some Les Baers before you jump to gettin' a Wilson.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sell it and move on...but look a some Les Baers before you jump to gettin' a Wilson.

I dont like them.  If I were to get something else it would be an STI duty one but the wilson is just as nice.  That and my dealer will stock them soon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
If you wear it out just buy a new frame.  I remember reading an article in one of the gun rags about 6-7yrs ago were they tested an aluminum framed Kimber to like 5-10K rounds and it really didn't have a WHOLE lot more wear than a steel framed pistol.  You could always buy one of those titanium Caspian frames.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I just sent you an e-mail about a screaming good deal on a used Gold Cup.  If you were looking for an excuse to get a steel frame 1911, this is it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top