Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/24/2004 5:02:34 AM EST
How long could one expect an alloy pistol to last compared to a standard pistol? I have an SA alloy loaded package and I was wondering how long it would remain a clover leaf gun.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:51:35 AM EST
Too many variables to list. Ammo selection of course will make a big difference, +P or standard, etc.

SA has a lifetime warranty so I wouldn't worry about it, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:01:46 PM EST
Basically I'm looking for an excuse to trade it for a wilson combat. I'm not crazy about the alloy since its probably going to wear out quicker and I dont want to have to fight with SA about what their version of "end of life" is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:22:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By LHD:
Basically I'm looking for an excuse to trade it for a wilson combat. I'm not crazy about the alloy since its probably going to wear out quicker and I dont want to have to fight with SA about what their version of "end of life" is.

Just sell it and move on...but look a some Les Baers before you jump to gettin' a Wilson.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:20:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By W-W:

Originally Posted By LHD:

Just sell it and move on...but look a some Les Baers before you jump to gettin' a Wilson.

I dont like them. If I were to get something else it would be an STI duty one but the wilson is just as nice. That and my dealer will stock them soon.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:05:10 PM EST
If you wear it out just buy a new frame. I remember reading an article in one of the gun rags about 6-7yrs ago were they tested an aluminum framed Kimber to like 5-10K rounds and it really didn't have a WHOLE lot more wear than a steel framed pistol. You could always buy one of those titanium Caspian frames.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:12:17 AM EST
I just sent you an e-mail about a screaming good deal on a used Gold Cup. If you were looking for an excuse to get a steel frame 1911, this is it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:37:51 AM EST
Top Top