Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:38:54 PM EDT
Just wondering, what kind of 100 yard accuracy do you guys know/think a uspc in 9mm and 45acp would be capable of, comparatively.  (basically, what kind of grouping, how much damage caused at that kind of range)
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Way too many variables in ammo to give a general answer, IMO. +P, standard or +P+ will all have different performances, obviously.

As for accuracy, I would say a 6" group with a good shooter & good ammo is possible. Not easy, but possible. Bob Munden has done shots with a 2" snubbie like hitting a ballon at 100 yards (200?) on tv. Point is, a good shooter can hit some long shots once he learns the trajectory of the ammo he's using.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, I was wondering if anyone thought a .45 or 9mm in the USP c would be more accurate at that kind of range, but I think you answered my question well.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cool, I was wondering if anyone thought a .45 or 9mm in the USP c would be more accurate at that kind of range,

More accurate than what?????????
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I will always throw a magazine or two at our steel plate at 100 yds. Shooting a full size USP .45 supported with Fiocchi or WWB 230 gr. FMJ I can hit the plate with almost half the shots. The plate is around 12 by 12 inches. The only gun I have not hit the plate with is my S&W snubbies. Shooting my 1911 I can hit it unsupported but not with the H&K.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool, I was wondering if anyone thought a .45 or 9mm in the USP c would be more accurate at that kind of range,

More accurate than what?????????

I was mostly wondering if there would be a difference in the 9mm or .45 versions of the pistol; although I have heard both have fairly decent long range accuracy.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably .45 by a little bit, but not really enough to notice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I was mostly wondering if there would be a difference in the 9mm or .45 versions of the pistol; although I have heard both have fairly decent long range accuracy.  

Ah.

The 9mm will shoot a bit flatter due to its lighter weight & bit faster velocity. However, once one adjusted to either trajectory, the accuracy difference should be minimal, if any at all.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I shot a 9" 6 shot group from a 9c with CCI Blazer a few weeks ago.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top