Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 2:33:34 PM EDT
Hows is this done? When I find a buyer do I just asked for a singed FFL from his/her dealer and ship it there?

TIA- I just want to be extra sure!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hows is this done? When I find a buyer do I just asked for a singed FFL from his/her dealer and ship it there?

TIA- I just want to be extra sure!

I beleive it would be legal for you to ship to an FFL that agreed to accept your handgun from an individual, however there are always many problems with UPS and FedEx accepting firearms from non-licensees.  I think it would be far safer for you to find an FFL that would accept the handgun from you and ship/transfer it to the other FFL.  Just my .02 worth.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless there are some additional laws in your state, you need the buyer's dealer to send you a copy of his/her FFL, and then you can ship (UPS or FedEx) the gun to the dealer, who transfers the gun to the buyer.  You should get the buyer to pay you directly; the dealer will want some kind of transfer fee that the buyer should negotiate.

I've bought and sold several guns this way, but I live in NC and it may not be so easy in more restrictive states.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not a big deal. Get payment and an FFL from the buyer, package up the handgun, take it to the counter of a UPS or FedEx office, and ship it overnight to the dealer.  That's all there is.

Remember, longarms can go to dealers via USPS; I just sent a box with two rifles and accessories, insured for full value, three-day delivery. for the same cost as the minimum overnight package charge from FedEx.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I shipped at FedEx the other day, the gal at the counter said I could ship it ground if I wanted to, just so it was going to a FFL holder.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all your help gents.
I think I will just have the person send me a copy of their FFL and I will ship it to that dealer via FedEx.

If any of you are interested in a Pre-Ban(Has a threaded muzzle) Tec-22 Scorpion in great condition, let me know!

Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top