Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2005 12:35:11 PM EDT
Was at a gun shop today and saw a lightweight champion that drew my attention. The frame was OD green, and the slide was black. The grips were thin black rubber. Novak night sights. This thing looked nice. I asked to see it and the man said sure.  I can't believe how good this thing felt in my hand. Does anyone have any experience with one of these. For $690, I would like to hear some opinions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a good price for that gun.....get it!
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's a good price for that gun.....get it!

Good price, but I don't like the light weight version.  That's just my opionon.
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
OK. Now all I have to do is wait till the end of March when I get my BONUS check, and that gun is mine.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The Champion I owned about 8-10 years ago was a POS. I own 3 Springfields & carry their Ultra Compact so I have no axe to grind. Could be they've fixed their problems now, for all I know.

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Got it!!
Love it!!
Gonna shoot it next week!!
Thanks for all the advice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations.  I saw your post over at the 1911 forum.  Good luck, and enjoy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:09:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I shot it today and all I can say is DAAAAAYYYYYUUUMMMM!!!!!   This this is very accurate.  Had only 2 failures to go into battery, but it was my grandfather who was shooting and I believe he was limp wristing it. But then again he is 85 years old.    First shot it at 7yards (21feet), then at 15 yards (45 feet). It shoots POA every time. I was thinking about changing the grips, but after shooting it so well, the grips are staying put. Why mess with a good thing? I only got to shoot about 50 rounds of WWB 230grn. FMJ, then had to leave so I could take my beloved wife to work. But those 50 rounds were fantastic. Also, the mags used were the stock mags that came with the gun. I feel that this gun is the best I have ever owned. I may have to wait a few years before buying another, but it is worth it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2005 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Howdy, I replied to one of your posts at 1911forum or m1911 (I had the MC Op), but I meant to ask where you picked it up from?  I'm also in Texas and that seems like a pretty good price.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I got it from Shooters Supply in Beaumont. I saw that MC Op, sweet!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top