Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 8:34:46 AM EDT
I have several old round-notch G17 mags around that's pretty much beat to hell.  A friend's offering me some Scherer tubs to replace my old ones for $8 each.  These are just body tubs... not full mags.  Was told I can use my old spring/follower/floor-plate.

I have no information on Scherer... did a Google/Yahoo search with no good leads.  Anyone has information on them?  Worth it and dependable.... or pure junk?  Thanks.

~dc
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard Scherer mags are good quality....I don't own any myself though
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#2]
unless you're in a ban state, I'd go here instead:  www.cdnninvestments.com/gl179mm17lef.html

or here:  www.cdnninvestments.com/gl179mm17lem.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I've read, the Scherer mags are a lot like the ProMag, they either work or they are just plain cr*p. I have a few of there high capacity mags for my G23(29rd) & G21(27rd) but that is all. I would spend a couple extra bucks and get factory mags.    

JMHO
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]
They are CHeap pieces of Crap.
THe only way to go is with a an actual Factory Glock Mag.
You can get new Hi-Cap Glock Mags from CDNN for around 16 or 17 dollars
PS you can e-mail them and they willl send you a link for Police Used 15 Rnds Glock Mags.
FOR ONLY $8.99  DO that and get the whole mag for around 8 dollars.
SHeerer Mags are JUNK.  They are Cheap Plastic Pieces of Crap.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
unless you're in a ban state, I'd go here instead:  www.cdnninvestments.com/gl179mm17lef.html

or here:  www.cdnninvestments.com/gl179mm17lem.html

thanks for the links. Just ordered two of the NEW LEO marked g17 mags to carry for my G26 as back ups. Didnt realize they had them so cheap there. Will probably order a few more come payday. Wish they had G30 mags that cheap. Maybe ill get some G21 mags for the G30 next..
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]

thanks for the links
 No problemo!  

Wish they had G30 mags that cheap. Maybe ill get some G21 mags for the G30 next..
 Nobody ever seems to have the G30 mags.  The 21 mags do work fine though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got one Scherer mag body and it doesn't work with anything but ball.

Don't waste your money
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top