Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 3:25:22 PM EDT
I was at my local gun store today, and I saw something new.  A G17 with a RED frame.  I hadn't heard anything about these.  What's the deal?  Will we be seeing them in blue, yellow, pink in the future??
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it new???

More details please if you have any.

Did it look like this .

www.glock.com/special_law_enf__models.htm
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Was it new???

More details please if you have any.

Did it look like this www.glock.com/Practice_small.jpg.

www.glock.com/special_law_enf__models.htm

Yup, it looked like that.  They had several new ones, for both civilians and law enforcement(they have a section for they even though the guns are the same)
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW:

I don't believe it was a practice model, due to the $525 price tag.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually that sounds about right for the price.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Glocks web site is your friend, its a training aid they have them in both blue and red, there is a difference between the two just cant recall off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
there is a difference between the two just cant recall off the top of my head.

The blue ones are set for Stun, the red ones for Disintegrate.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glocks web site is your friend, its a training aid they have them in both blue and red, there is a difference between the two just cant recall off the top of my head.

No I think the red framed ones function as a real Glock would all parts work except for the striker (the mag release, slide stop and slide) where the blue ones are weighted and size correct but you cannot manipulate the 'pistol" in any way.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I think the red framed ones function as a real Glock would all parts work except for the striker (the mag release, slide stop and slide) where the blue ones are weighted and size correct but you cannot manipulate the 'pistol" in any way.

Blue ones are Simunition pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top