User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2011 7:59:48 AM EDT
See above.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the S&W SD series are good.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are good. Put a little bit more money with it and upgrade to the M&P. It's a nicer pistol with better features for not much more money. You'll thank me later.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Very pleased with my SD9.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
i bought one as a gift for my daughter-in-law, and was impressed with it. they get real high marks over on the S&W Forum. this is NOT a sigma,, but more like a M&P.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, they are good. Put a little bit more money with it and upgrade to the M&P. It's a nicer pistol with better features for not much more money. You'll thank me later.

It is hard to argue with your post, the only nit I will pic is that in my area anyway, the M&P is more than $100 over the price of the SD. I have both, an SD9 and an M&P40, and find I shoot the SD more since I have bought it. I dont prefer it, but am trying to establish its reliablity and to get familiar with it as I plan to use if for CCW.

Anyway OP yes the SD is a great pistol in its own right. It is not an M&P, but it is sure as hell not a sigma. I only have about 1200 rounds through mine but the trigger seems to improve every time I take it to the range. I was a beta tester for the apex spring kit for the SD, and while it did improve it some and was 100% reliable ( most important ) so apex is working on bringing out components to improve the trigger if the OEM trigger is not to your liking.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is hard to argue with your post, the only nit I will pic is that in my area anyway, the M&P is more than $100 over the price of the SD. I have both, an SD9 and an M&P40, and find I shoot the SD more since I have bought it. I dont prefer it, but am trying to establish its reliablity and to get familiar with it as I plan to use if for CCW.

Sounds about right. Where I live, Sigmas go for ~$300 or less, SDs are ~$400, M&Ps are ~$500, sometimes a little less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top