Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 12:52:53 AM EDT
Hello,
My grandfather recently past away and has a very large cache of old guns.  My grandmother has pretty much divided the guns amongst the siblings.  BUT there are a couple of guns that she wants to sell, instead of passing them down...

One is a Smith and Wesson model 10-6.  .38 cal. with a 4" barrell.  Not many rounds through it, and the wood grips are in real good shape.

She was wanting $350.00 for it.  But since I know nothing about this gun, I could not give her my opinion....

Can you fine knowledgeable friends help us out on this one.  Is it worth it?  Should we ask more or less???

I appreciate all suggestions.

Thank You
Jeff

The other gun is a .38 special also, but with a 2 or 3 inch barrel......
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Going rate on used Smith 10 is mid two hundreds.  $350 is way high, at least in these parts.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on $350 being too high. They sell for this NIB, used should be closer to $250-275 in 99-98%, IMO.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the first time I've heard of the widow ripping off the buyers!  Usually its the other way around.  Good luck on haggling granny down.

Oh yeah, in these parts, a heavy barrel model 10 is about $200 with a taper barrel being about $150 or less.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Im not buying it from my Grandmother, I am merely searching for the right price.

She's not trying to rip anyone off, she just does not know the value of the gun....

and thanks for the info
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Oh yeah, in these parts, a heavy barrel model 10 is about $200 with a taper barrel being about $150 or less.  

Not on the newer models, sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top