Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/27/2005 9:21:16 PM EDT
Has anyone had work performed on their S&W revolver by S&W? I have a used, but in excellent shape 686 .357magnum, 4" revovler. I would like to give it a good once-over. Anything would be great.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:03:17 PM EDT
NO ONE knows more about S&W firearms than S&W.
Their Performance Center does a full range of work from building true custom guns, to doing repairs and tune-up checks on used guns.

Prices and delivery are very good, and quality of work is top of the line.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:40:38 PM EDT
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:52:56 AM EDT

JCG4, if you are so inclined, get the DVD "Trigger JOB" with Jerry Miculek. I found this very helpful in disasambling the S&W revolver. It gives good info on how the parts fit and wear together I got a lot out of the video about wear on pieces and so forth. He also advises on things not to do if you are a home gun smithing. Only down side is the video interface is not the best, it is hard to back up a bit when you hit the "what did he say spots".

There is also a thread on what to look for in a used revolver over on the High Road site that is very useful.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:39:07 PM EDT
I had 2 restored by them over the last 2 years. They do excellent work for a fair price. I won't hesitate to send them more work in the future.
Top Top