Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 2:47:53 PM EDT
I had my Smith 629 with a 3 inch barrel and my 4 3/4 inch Black Hawk out today. I was surprised to find the Black Hawk kicked MUCH harder the the 629. I thought the heavyer BH would have a lighter kick to it. Why was it the other way around?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The bore axis of the BH is higher than the bore axis of the S&W 629? Check it out. Charles.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Short barrels are absolute death on the 44 Rem Mag, a revolver can only build pressure when there is a bullet in the barrel and 3 inches is a pretty short trip. If you chronograph identical loads (especially at high chamber pressures) through both guns this will tell the rest of the story.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! A chronograph is on my list to buy soon!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think the grips and grip angle would have something to do with also,I personally dont like the SAA type grip angle.

I would also suggest that you get a set of "X" frame grips from S&W,they are made by Hogue but only available from S&W for $35 (too high).They fit the N frame also and they really helped tame the recoil on my 629 .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top