Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 4:03:07 PM EDT
On an impulse buy for myself for Christmas, I bought what is described as a police trade in Smith & Wesson Model 457 .45 acp.  

Any impressions, warnings, hint or suggestions beyond what I can find on Google with this firearm?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is not much bigger though slightly heavier than my 3913. Very concealable, and very accurate, even in my hands. I'd give it a good cleaning, maybe replace the mag, recoil and hammer springs, and shoot the crap out of it.

Someone on the Smith & Wesson forum got one of the SOSS guns and reported it looking nearly new.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone on the Smith & Wesson forum got one of the SOSS guns and reported it looking nearly new.
View Quote

Thanks for mention of that.  I found the thread and, although the pistol isn't here yet, if the one I receive is like this guy's I'd be very pleased (especially for the money): New 457
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.  Bought it used without knowing much about it, but I've been a 3rd-gen fan from way back so it wasn't much of a risk for me.  They shoot really nice, reliable, and you can get parts for them easy enough.  There's some plastic parts, like the sights, and a couple other things, but nothing important.  It will fit many holsters made for the Sig P229.

They are nice guns.  I'm very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
A much under appreciated platform.  Concealable, surprisingly accurate pistol.  There are small plactic bits and pieces on it.  I have seen the mag catch fail.  I don't recall if regular steel parts can be substituted or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top