Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 3:03:07 PM EST
On an impulse buy for myself for Christmas, I bought what is described as a police trade in Smith & Wesson Model 457 .45 acp.

Any impressions, warnings, hint or suggestions beyond what I can find on Google with this firearm?

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:35:09 AM EST
Mine is not much bigger though slightly heavier than my 3913. Very concealable, and very accurate, even in my hands. I'd give it a good cleaning, maybe replace the mag, recoil and hammer springs, and shoot the crap out of it.

Someone on the Smith & Wesson forum got one of the SOSS guns and reported it looking nearly new.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:30:09 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AirRaceFan:
Someone on the Smith & Wesson forum got one of the SOSS guns and reported it looking nearly new.
View Quote

Thanks for mention of that. I found the thread and, although the pistol isn't here yet, if the one I receive is like this guy's I'd be very pleased (especially for the money): New 457
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:40:39 AM EST
I like mine. Bought it used without knowing much about it, but I've been a 3rd-gen fan from way back so it wasn't much of a risk for me. They shoot really nice, reliable, and you can get parts for them easy enough. There's some plastic parts, like the sights, and a couple other things, but nothing important. It will fit many holsters made for the Sig P229.

They are nice guns. I'm very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:11:38 AM EST
A much under appreciated platform. Concealable, surprisingly accurate pistol. There are small plactic bits and pieces on it. I have seen the mag catch fail. I don't recall if regular steel parts can be substituted or not.
Top Top