Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/9/2006 2:45:47 PM EST
I wanted to replace the rather blocky, flat feeling straight backstrap grip with something more comfortable.

I noticed Numrich still had some palm swell grips (item # 339240) in stock for $20.00, so I ordered them.

They feel much better than the straight grip, and there is a small but noticeable contour on the sides of the grip, where the straight grip was completely flat.



Just wanted to provide some photos and feedback for those of you who might be interested; there are no photos of this grip on the web that I could find.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:34:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:06:23 PM EST
They are S&W factory grips.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:56:50 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:02:38 AM EST
Good to know. I've been thinking of doing the exact same thing. I don't like the curved grips on the 4506 and the flat-back ones are just a tad "2x4" feeling. I like the flat over the curved, but I also knew that S&W offered the "palm swell" as the other two for the 1076/4576. It sounds much more like what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:00:53 AM EST
Am I correct in assuming that Hogue's fancy hardwood grips won't fit the models with decockers?
What about the Hogue rubber grip?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:48:59 PM EST
I believe the only grip options for the frame-mounted decockers are the factory grips.
Top Top