Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2003 4:41:04 AM EDT
Anyone know if they make one of these for the Ruger SP101?  If so, do you know the model #?

Their website doesn't list one, but I'm wondering if one of the ones shown will work.

Safariland
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so, all the ones listed are for six shot revolvers.  I had a SP-101, and had a HKS speedloader for it (#36A?), but it bound up on the grips.  I would recommend a Bianchi speed strip.  If you are not farmiliar with the speed strip, it is a rubber strip that holds 6 cartriges in line.  You put 2 rounds in the cylinder at a time, and peel the strip away.  With practice, they work pretty well, plus they carry well in a pocket.  I think they are like $6 for two strips.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have speed strips for my S&W, the Safariland was for a coworker's Ruger.  I guess I'll have to get him some speed strips, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]

I have a comp 1 - the smallest size/knob.  I can't find this model on the link, but on the top of the loader is the following - in one section it has J.F.S.  In another part it has CH7.

I would presume the J.F.S. is "J frame Smith"; so the model I'm guessing is the CH7.

This works in my SP101 just fine. It will fit if you have the original style grip on the revolver (it has a cut out that allows the speedloader to clear the grip, althought there is not alot of leeway when the speedloader/cartridges are engaged into the cylinder)

I know a guy who is so lucky that he drove into Vegas in a 20,000 dollar car, and rode out in a 150,000 dollar...

Greyhound bus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top