Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2014 10:26:40 PM EDT
I picked up the Safariland 6004 for Beretta 92s with the M3X light.

My 92 with Streamlight/TICK mount and M3x will not fit in it.

It also will not fit with a Insight Technology rail mount.

The TLR light, which is supposed to be a touch smaller than the M3X, also will not fit in  on either rail.

It seems the light is too far from the frame with these mounts.

Anyone know what the possible intent for a mount could have been with this holster?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I picked up the Safariland 6004 for Beretta 92s with the M3X light.

My 92 with Streamlight/TICK mount and M3x will not fit in it.

It also will not fit with a Insight Technology rail mount.

The TLR light, which is supposed to be a touch smaller than the M3X, also will not fit in  on either rail.

It seems the light is too far from the frame with these mounts.

Anyone know what the possible intent for a mount could have been with this holster?
View Quote

Are you sure it wasn't made for an M9A1 with the integral mount? Did you buy this brand new from Safariland and use their holsterfinder or did you buy used and it was for a Beretta with M3X light? Safariland can be very particular with these things and you need to make sure you get the exact model number you need.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:06:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Specifically listed as BER92 holster.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]
They have an actual model # not just the name of the firearm. I looked the the 92 S and they only make three models of holster and none are the 6004 and none have a light. It looks like you got the wrong holster... Here is the holster finder for safariland. How old is your gun by the way?
Edit: You still didn't answer my questions about how you acquired this holster.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Off the shelf of the local gun store.

It is model number 6004-7311-121.

It is listed as an exact fit for my set up.

http://safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6004

Why do you ask the age?

It may not be the latest , but it is an update from what I have ran since before Surefire was even Surefire in the 90s.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#5]
That says for a Beretta 92F you have a 92S you said. I was just curious about the age by the way that's all, I thought the S was one of the earlier models.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#6]
There are zero differences in the dimensions between a 92F, 92FS, M9, 92G, 96, 96G with regards to fitting the holster.  They are all "92s".

Thanks for the replies but anyone here with some actual institutional knowledge, experience, and hands on with this set up,

or should I just keep going with my old 613 pistol whipping club set ups?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#7]
What light mount/rail are you using? I'd hazard a guess that it fits the Surefire MR11 mount which is the most common M9 aftermarket rail.

What dimensions are not fitting? Is it too narrow? Too short?

Have you asked SF?

The biggest problem is you have a gun without a rail with a weapon light. Depending on how you mount that light it may be incompatible with what SF has designed it for. There's only 1 universal Safariland holster for Beretta 92 series guns. The 3280/3285 will fit any Beretta with or without any light, and unless you need a duty holster with a specific retention type it would be my only choice for light/laser mounted Beretta, mainly due to how universal it is. It's what I use for my M9/PEQ-14 combo.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I have not heard back from Safariland.

The point is that for the exact  light/mount/pistol it is listed for,
it does not fit.  

I was carrying a light on a pistol long before you were seeing pistols straight off the shelf with rails,
literally with SF three previous generations of holsters for lights on an M9 that all fit as they were supposed to before this one.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

it does not fit.  

I was carrying a light on a pistol long before you were seeing pistols straight off the shelf with rails,
literally with SF three previous generations of holsters for lights on an M9 that all fit as they were supposed to before this one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

it does not fit.  

From the link I read

Beretta 92F Tactical Black 4.9" 6004-7311-121 6004-7311-122
Notes: W/ ITI M3X Light

Doesn't list the mount, which I find weird as most of the other pistol/light combos do.

What is your use for this holster? Mil? LE? SHTF/tactical-fan?

I'm wondering if the surefire mount is more low profile than the streamlight or insight rails.

If you can measure the top of the dustcover to the bottom of the pic rail with your 2 rails I'll measure my surefire one to compare with.

ETA: 0.785" Although its difficult to be precise as it's angled.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#10]
On the Insight Tech rail I get 0.696,
subtracting the dustcover over lap ,
it extends about 0.475 below the frame total.

Edit:

I started out in a Ranger Bn back in the 80s and recently retired from the military.
My gear is dual purpose
SHTF/3 Gun use.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On the Insight Tech rail I get 0.696,
subtracting the dustcover over lap ,
it extends about 0.475 below the frame total.

Edit:

I started out in a Ranger Bn back in the 80s and recently retired from the military.
My gear is dual purpose
SHTF/3 Gun use.
View Quote

Interesting. The Insight is shorter than the Surefire? Wonder if there was a marking error on Safariland's part? Until Safariland gets back to you sounds like your SOL if none of the add-on rails are compatible. Where exactly does the holster hang up? Could it be adjusted too tight? Pictures?

I'll still recommend the 3280/3285. It will allow a lot of flexibility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top