Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2004 5:58:15 PM EDT
I've had my SW1911 for about three months now and I have 4 Wilson mags for it.  The two I purchased and the two that came with the gun have been 100% reliable.  I will probably purchase at least a couple more Wilsons but I was wondering if there are any other mags that owners of the SW1911 have had good luck with?  The Chip McCormicks are supposed to be good and they sell for about $10 less than the Wilsons.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Stay with the Wilson brand of magazines.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Stay with the Wilson brand of magazines.

Agreed
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I will.  A freind called me last night to tell me about his father's new Kimber CC stainless.  He said the last rnd and sometimes the 2cnd to last round are failing to feed.  My bud knew that I had had the same problem with my Kimber CC.  This is why I sold my Kimber.  When I had my Kimber I had only the 2 mags it came with and some cheap gunshow specials.  I later learned more about 1911s and their mags.  I told my bud that I think Kimber makes good pistols and then sends them out the door with shitty mags.  He is coming over today to borrow a couple of my Wilsons for a comparison.  I don't think he'll have any problems.  My point, after all this rambling, is that I'll be sticking with Wilson mags after last night.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#4]
On Tuesday I'll be testing out 4 new 8 round Mec-Gars.I'll let you know how reliable they are.I think Mec-Gar mags are the ONLY after market mags worth anything.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
mine seems to feed all the various mags. i've tried with no problem.  i normally only use the wilson 47 d's.  i did buy one of the mccormick 10 round power mags.; no problems with it.   mcole
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:51:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Twisted check out these mags. They are sold by Cope's Distributing. They are made by ACT-MAG in Italy for Novak, the sight people. The one's I ordered are stamped with the Novak name. These are first rate heavy duty mags. They are much beefier than the Wilson's that came with my SW1911. They have a stepped steel follower, and the base plates are removable for spring/follower maintenance. They are 8 rnd mags available in blue or nickel finish. I have put ~600 rounds thru the two I have with 0 problems. I'm gonna order 4 more of them soon. I paid $18.99 each for them. I'm sold on them.

www.copesdist.com/colt.htm  about half way down the page

Shabo
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#7]
 Out of all of the mags I have tried for 1911's I like the McCormick POWER series the best.  Extremely positive.  Wilsons are very good but I have had failures to lock with them from time to time and have seen others with the same issue...not a single issue with the powers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top