Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2007 7:29:26 PM EDT
How are these things?  I'm thinking of getting either the SP or buying back a 75B in 9mm that I sold to a friend a couple years ago.  I could get the 75B for $300 and he has shot it a total of once, so it is like new.  You can use 75B mags in the SP, correct?  
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Either one is great.  The SP-01 is a tad heavier and does have the +2 more rounds in the mag.  The 75B deal is a good one since the prices on CZs are rising.  I havent been disappointed yet in a CZ.

edit:  yes, you can use the 75 mags in the SP-01.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  I agree CZs are great handguns, I am biased towards them and Glocks.  I alreay have a 75B that is way more accurate than it has any right to be.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got an SP-01 and love it! Never owned a 75, but have heard that the grip ergonomics are basically the same as the SP-01. Mine is absolutely SCARY accurate. The stock rubber grips are nice, but a pair of Houge grips is going on mine ASAP.

With the full dust cover and rail the SP-01 will probably be more "muzzle heavy" than a 75, but i can tell you for sure that the SP-01 balances beautifully in the hands.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a sp01 and I have a 75 b as well that I picked up used.  500 rounds down it this weedend with various fmj, hollowpoints and lrn.  Zero malfunction.  I am getting somewhat erratic ejections with brass in my face occasionally. I will put a extra power extractor spring in to see if it helps.  The trigger is gritty brand new, but I am already seeing an improvement with some rounds down range.  I plan on replacing the stock mainspring with a 16lb spring to reduce the trigger pull in DA.

Overall, Its very accurate, ergonomics and balance are #1, and it just plain looks cool.

Link Posted: 2/12/2007 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just picked up a sp01 and I have a 75 b as well that I picked up used.  500 rounds down it this weedend with various fmj, hollowpoints and lrn.  Zero malfunction.  I am getting somewhat erratic ejections with brass in my face occasionally. I will put a extra power extractor spring in to see if it helps.  The trigger is gritty brand new, but I am already seeing an improvement with some rounds down range.  I plan on replacing the stock mainspring with a 16lb spring to reduce the trigger pull in DA.

Overall, Its very accurate, ergonomics and balance are #1, and it just plain looks cool.

i145.photobucket.com/albums/r235/dluap75/Picture014Small.jpg

I heard over on CZ Forums that the recoil spring in the SP-01 is a little heavy, and that you may have ejection problems with weak FMJ ammo.  They said to replace the recoil spring with one a couple lbs lighter.
Link Posted: 2/12/2007 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, I had no problems with my light target loads with the stock recoil spring.  I had heard that though.

Edited the redundant stuff
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Kind of a late comment, but I love my SP01.   Ditto on the accuracy statements.   I freak people out at the local AR shoots by hitting a 11x8 inch piece of railroad steel at 100 yards with my SP01.   And that's with WWB ammo.  

My only complaint is that it sometimes FTF on aluminum, it gets stuck in the throat.  I had to switch from the inexpensive CCI Blazer stuff to WWB because of that.  I like WWB better anyways.

Link Posted: 3/8/2007 5:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Hello guy's,

I'm in trouble too with the SP-01.
I explain you.

I want change my CZ85B for a new handgun 9mm and I decide to follow the CZ handgun evolution and buy a SP-01.
But my gunsmith have too a CZ75 COMBAT II and I love this strange model.
But is it good to buy a limited production?

Very nice gun. I have never see this model before it's a sort of hybrid between the classic 75 and the SP-01.

Some one know this model ? I have no picture sorry.

My gunsmith say me it's a shoort small production for USA for test shooter reaction during SP-01 study. And he have 2 model like this by mistake arrived in France.

Must I buy the SP-01 or catch the more uncommon CZ75 COMBAT II ?

I wait your opinion h
Link Posted: 3/8/2007 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]

But my gunsmith have too a CZ75 COMBAT II and I love this strange model.
But is it good to buy a limited production?

The CZ 75 Combat II is just a variation of the SP-01, so I don't believe you'll be getting something that is too limited as far as parts/service would be concerned.

Some one know this model ? I have no picture sorry.

Haven't been able to locate a picture either.  Only reference I could find was on the CZ-UB main website.

My gunsmith say me it's a shoort small production for USA for test shooter reaction during SP-01 study. And he have 2 model like this by mistake arrived in France.

Will be interested in seeing if they actually make it here to the States.  As to which one to buy, I've got my SP-01 Tactical and I'm extremely happy with it.

--
Mike
Link Posted: 3/9/2007 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank's Mike,

I agree, with you. With a company like CZ, no problem for the parts/service.

I go to my gunsmith tomorrow evening. I promise you to take pictures of this "lockness monster".

Every people using SP-01 I talk with are very happy Mick.
Link Posted: 3/23/2007 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a SP01 a 75B  and a 97B Never a problem with the 75 or the SP01 100% reliable, and extremely accurate. The 97 had some issues with feeding hollow points, but I sent it to CZ and they fixed the problems for free..

Link Posted: 3/23/2007 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#13]
SP-01 and P-01 owner and both have been excellent
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up an SP-01 and like it. the weight is substantial, but balances well.

I didn't like the grittyness in the trigger, or the creep at the very end of the trigger pull (to visualize it - cock the hammer and pull the trigger very slowly, while looking at the hammer. The hammer will pull rearward a little bit further before it releases and falls.), so I had it fixed. I replaced the hammer with a competition hammer, removed the firing pin block, polished the sear surfaces and then put in a slightly lighter mainspring and recoil spring and love the feel now. I still need to test it for accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm kinda thinking about a SP01 myself... I like the smoother, less complicated lines.  I have a 75B which has been a great pistol... I think I might sell it to fund the purchase of the SP01.  It would be used in occasional (and kinda informal) IDPA matches and as a sidearm in carbine matches.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Love mine. Its an early 2004 model that went to the World Shoot with the US team (not me though). I used a lighter spring for Minor loads and a FLGR to make the spring last. It has a slightly more heavy barrel than the other 75 series guns.

Combat II ?? - That is one rare bird that was born out of the mess when the German Glock team got the SP-01 banned for a while after the IWA show and CZ was concerned about having a gun for the world shoot.  But the parts are effectively SP-01.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top