Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 8:11:39 PM EDT
was looking on gunsamerica. saw the p226 navy with the serial # starting with a U and not the NSW. whats up with that. i thought they all had the nsw if they were the true navy. did he just take the slide off and put it on another frame? or did they make models with it starting with U?
thanks

link: http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976669186.htm
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess there were some Navy over runs with the U serial number that are supposed to be built to SEAL spec but the actual 226 Navy models have the NSW serial number and the anchor marking on the slide above the take down. The Navy SEAL's pistols are also supposed to have the anchor so that might be one of the over run guns but $899 is a little high. there was a guy selling them for $750 over at Snipers Hide about 8 months ago and his came with 3 15 round mags as they are supposed to come with. Sounds like this guy might have switched the 15s with 2 10s. If you don't plan on doing water ops and just want a shooter and want to save about $400 you can check out Ordnance Outsellers and get one of the CPO SIg 226s for about $465.

Here's a pic. The top is an actual 226 Navy with the NSW serial number

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:11:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I guess there were some Navy over runs with the U serial number that are supposed to be built to SEAL spec but the actual 226 Navy models have the NSW serial number and the anchor marking on the slide above the take down. The Navy SEAL's pistols are also supposed to have the anchor so that might be one of the over run guns but $899 is a little high. there was a guy selling them for $750 over at Snipers Hide about 8 months ago and his came with 3 15 round mags as they are supposed to come with. Sounds like this guy might have switched the 15s with 2 10s. If you don't plan on doing water ops and just want a shooter and want to save about $400 you can check out Ordnance Outsellers and get one of the CPO SIg 226s for about $465.

Here's a pic. The top is an actual 226 Navy with the NSW serial number
i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/Rob01/P1010042.jpg

thats what i thought it was. thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Buddy, where in CT are you? I'm down on the shore near Mystic.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Buddy, where in CT are you? I'm down on the shore near Mystic.

danbury
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Seems like everyone I meet on the boards is from the other side of the state Someday I'll meet someone from my area.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Seems like everyone I meet on the boards is from the other side of the state Someday I'll meet someone from my area.

haha yea. i dont see that many people to close to me either. ive only met two guys from here. one at an IDPA shoot and the other at a gun store.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Where you shoot IDPA at? I used to shoot it all the time at my club and up at S&W but when my work schedule stopped me from going for about a year I dropped out of the IDPA scene. Thaat and my club stopped it in 2004. I really want to get back into it though and might start looking on the downzero.com site to find some CT clubs even if it will be a little drive for me. I miss shooting IDPA.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where you shoot IDPA at? I used to shoot it all the time at my club and up at S&W but when my work schedule stopped me from going for about a year I dropped out of the IDPA scene. Thaat and my club stopped it in 2004. I really want to get back into it though and might start looking on the downzero.com site to find some CT clubs even if it will be a little drive for me. I miss shooting IDPA.

i went to Bridgeport Shooting range. it was everytuesday night. but shut it down because people were gettin to much lead in their blood. the vents sucked ass in it. so they gotta fix em before they will do IDPA there again.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi guys I just bought a navy model and it has the U serial number. It does have the certificate with it and 3 15 round mags. I found it here on the boards from a dealer in Washington State. 775.0 shipped to Ct. I have been looking for one with the NSW but it seems they are VERY hard to come by. I'm from West Haven BTW
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:43:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey Jgreg. You shoot IDPA down there anywhere? I saw North Guilford had some matches.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:39:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like fun! Where can I get some more info on it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Go to Down Zero for club info in CT and other states. I need to start sending some e-mails to find out when some of the clubs are starting matches.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Go to Down Zero for club info in CT and other states. I need to start sending some e-mails to find out when some of the clubs are starting matches.

I'll look into it tonight Thanks for the info!!

I'll get some pics of the other side with the serial number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top