Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 10:09:15 AM EDT
I recently bought my second sig. I got a 229 DAK 40 w/ Sig factory night sights. When dry firing the gun under (and I literally mean "under") the lights in my house and store I catch a bad glare off of the rear sight. This makes it very dificult to make out the dots on the rear sight and even makes the center cut in the sight dificult to make out.

I have switched out the rear sight for a Trijicon sight and no more glare. I looked at the Sig factory sight compared to the Trijicon sight and others I have (PT, Meprolight) and have noticed that the Sig sights have a slight angled cut to them causing glare. This is the only sight I have ever seen this with. I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this or had problems with it. I plan on sending Sig an e-mail just for S&G to see what they say.

BTW- I love my Sigs (p220 & p229dak) and plan on getting more, however I won't get another one with their factory sights until the fix this issue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The newer Siglites are Meps compared to the older Siglites which were Trijicons. I prefer the Meps but some, as you stated, find them too bright. The shape of Meps and Trijicons for Sigs are almost identical, it's the lenses that are different. The Trijicons are not as bright but clearer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't find them to bright, I found them to reflect glare back in my eyes in some situations, but never in low light situations. I found that because the rear sight has a slightly downward angle cut on the back end facing the shooter it reflects glare under indoor lighting if you are in the right position. It was not a all the time thing, but it was enought of an issue for me to replace them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top